PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and shop photos

Matt Calder
11-26-2006, 9:57 PM
All,

I came across this list a few weeks ago and have gradually been sucked in. What good fun to be in contact with so many like minded individuals! It seems to be traditional to show one's workshop, and, to be honest, it takes little prompting for me to want to show my workshop so here it is.

Matt

Jim Becker
11-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Welcome, Matt! And thanks for the shop pics!

Tom Henry
11-26-2006, 10:03 PM
First... Welcome to the Creek! You are sure not to go a day without stopping at the Creek to see whats going on...:rolleyes: This place is getting to feel like home to me...:D

Matt Calder
11-26-2006, 10:06 PM
All,
And here are shots from the other two corners. The first picure (above), shows my TS, and jointer, as well as my ceiling suspended stock rack. The big silver doors are just panels covering the real doors put in for the winter to keep the heating cost down.

The second shot shows my South Bend 9A metal lathe. I'm just starting to learn about that, lots of fun there. The all important restroom also appears.

The third shot shows my bandsaw and my old office cabinentry turned tool and fastener storage.

The fourth shot includes my Bridgeport under its too short dust cover.

In all the shots are quite a few projects in progress, and, as is painfully obvious quite a lot of junk and dust.

I look forward to participating in this active community.

Matt

john whittaker
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Welcome Matt, You certanly have a nice shop area with plenty of head room...and nice tools. Now I'm "prompting" you to show some project pics.:D

Again, welcome.

Rick de Roque
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the creek.

Rick

Ken Fitzgerald
11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the Creek Matt! Wade right in ...the water's fine!

Dan Oliphant
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Welcome Matt, sure must be nice to have the option of moving long pieces of lumber around without worring about knocking the lights down.