PDA

View Full Version : Woodmaster W800

Rich Petty
11-26-2006, 4:19 PM
Hi All,
Just joined and MAN whatta great source!!!

I'd like to know if anybody out there is familiar with the Woodmaster W800 wide belt sander. I have a chance to pick one up for free but it's quite a drive to go get it.
I've looked and looked on the web and can find zilch on this thing. I've been looking at drum sanders but I've been told if I can get a wide belt I'd be much happier.
Strange thing is, this sander is single phase and around 5hp and all the other wide belts I'm looking at are almost all 3 phase and much more HP. That's why I'm wondering if the W800 is worth the trouble.
If any of ya out there have any insight to this unit, I'd sure appreciate an opinion.
ThanxAll,
Rich.

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-26-2006, 4:55 PM
Take the drive. Even if you hate the thing it's an easy re-sell.
But you won't hate the thing. It's well worth the 300 mile drive you mentioned in woodweb.

Rich Petty
11-28-2006, 8:39 AM
Take the drive. Even if you hate the thing it's an easy re-sell.
But you won't hate the thing. It's well worth the 300 mile drive you mentioned in woodweb.

Thanx Cliff!!
We're gonna give it a shot. I contacted Woodmaster and they have nothing on this unit. No Documentation, User Manuals, nothing. But, it's free. What else can I say. That alone is worth some "trial and error".
Rich.

Jim Becker
11-28-2006, 8:44 AM
Rich, "free" is good. Worse case you get something interesting to tinker with and then sell as well as a nice road trip. Best case, you get a nice piece of machinery for your shop.

Rich Petty
11-28-2006, 10:45 AM
That's a good idea too Jim. At worst I can crank up an Ebay listing and use the income to buy something that suffices better. I'll keep you all updated as to the outcome.
Rich.