PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 5625 Question

Mike Goetzke
11-26-2006, 9:59 AM
I'm setting up my new saw with a router in the right wing. I plan to use the Mil 5625-20 router.

I'm having problems deciding between just buying a plate or go full out and get a lift for this router (WP Quick-Lift).

Any experience/opinions out there?

Thanks

Allen Bookout
11-26-2006, 12:38 PM
I have mine in a table and see no reason to have a lift. I personally think that you should try it out without the lift and see what you think. You could always add one later if you desire. Sure would be cheaper if you decide that you do not need the lift.

One thing that I do use are the offset wrenches for above table bit changes. Some guys just slip it out the bottom and change the bit out of the table and do not need the wrenches. To each his own.

You are really going to like that router.

Allen

CPeter James
11-26-2006, 4:14 PM
I would bolt directly to the table. Turn it 45 degrees to get the adjustment hole out from the fence and drop it out the bottom to change bits. It is so quick and easy to drop it out and set it up on the table where you can see what you are doing and get the collets tight. It slides right back in and you adjust it from the top.

CPeter

Mike Mortenson
12-02-2006, 10:21 AM
I have a 5625 router for sale if you are needing one. Its brand new in the box

CPeter James
12-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Why are you selling it? How much?

CPeter

glenn bradley
12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I run one without a lift and am very happy. If I had the $$$ I'd grab a lift in a heartbeat.

P.s. What C. Peter said about the 45* rotation. I didn't and haven't had a problem but it could be so why not solve the problem before it startts?

scott spencer
12-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi Mike - The above table adjustment on the 5625 works pretty well. Considering the cost, I'd try it without first....you might find you don't need one.