PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-25-2006, 4:23 PM
You know I started to put as the title "Family Tree Needed" but goodness knows I have a family tree now that I don't know what to do with most of the time. ha ha

However, would any of you happen to have a family tree cdr file, one you wouldn't mind sharing. I sure would like to surprise my mom with one for Christmas. I've got one I've been working on but it leaves (no pun intended) a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance.

Zelma (Psalms 18:2)
Inscriptions Of The Heart

Rick Hutcheson
11-25-2006, 4:56 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-25-2006, 6:08 PM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This will get me started, the one I'd started looks really bad now . . . after seeing this one. Thank you again, I just gotta figure out how to get eleven children on this tree. ha ha :eek:

May God Bless you & yours!

Rick Hutcheson
11-25-2006, 6:22 PM
OK now the pattern has another tree with 11 holes for pictures on it. That was easy, I drew the first one in Corel so just had to add the extra frames.
I have over 2500 patterns in Corel that I have drawn for scrollsaw work, mostly old victoria patterns.

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-25-2006, 6:37 PM
We don't know who you are or where you from but this day has been made because of you. You are a very generous person and I for one really appreciate it. I truly pray that someday, someone, if not me, can help you out when you really need it.

Once again, May God Bless you and yours.

Rick Maitland
11-26-2006, 6:14 PM
WOW....Rick that is the best family tree pattern I have ever seen! I cant wait to see what it looks like finished. I may add layers to the lower main trunk of the tree to give it a 3D look. What do you think?

Rick Hutcheson
11-26-2006, 8:04 PM
That might look good. I also thought about putting a larger oval frame on the tip of the roots for a picture of the head of the tree, like the grandparents.

Rick Maitland
11-26-2006, 9:10 PM
Thats a great idea! Do you happen to have the tree without the circles on it? That way we can add our own number and size circles that are needed. I have started on the 3D part already, and will post it when I get finished. BTW you have some really great stuff on your website. Thanks again :D

Rick Hutcheson
11-26-2006, 9:48 PM
OK here is the whole thing again with a tree now with no frames on it. I have also included directions for adding the frames you need to the tree.

Also I am attaching another tree for those special people you like to harass a little. I sure have had fun with it.

Patrick OBrien
11-27-2006, 6:01 PM
Rick,
Thanks for the quick Tutorial. We are fortunate to have generous people like yourself help out in a pinch. It wasn't my problem, but I learned a lot from the exchange. Great work!

Dennis Kotlowski
11-27-2006, 7:09 PM
Rick,

How do you usually attach the photo's to the tree?

Dennis
JD Laser Gifts

Rick Hutcheson
11-27-2006, 8:07 PM
I just tape them on the back.
Or you can make another front ring frame, a little smaller than the hole in the tree layer. Then the back tree layer would have a recess for the picture.