PDA

View Full Version : Shop Addition -- Photos

Bill Arnold
11-25-2006, 2:58 PM
I'm starting to make some reasonable progress on my shop addition. I'm doing most of the work myself. A neighbor has come over when I needed help raising a wall. I'll also contract the roofing. I set up a page on my website to exhibit the photos and give a bit of narrative. Go to www.bbarnold.com (http://www.bbarnold.com) and click on "Shop Addition" on the menu.

nic obie
11-25-2006, 3:09 PM
It's comming right along!

John Miliunas
11-25-2006, 3:41 PM
Hey, that's coming along right nicely! And, I see you snuck in a little tool "gloat" in the process! Good for you. The right tools certainly help make the job a bit more pleasant, don't they? Keep us posted on the progress! :) :cool:

Allen Bookout
11-25-2006, 3:56 PM
Looking good Bill. How do you like it up there compared to Sarasota? Maybe I should ask after your first winter.

Jim Becker
11-25-2006, 5:37 PM
Very nice progress, Bill!

lou sansone
11-25-2006, 6:07 PM
hi bill
shop is looking good
do you folks use " footings " in fl? up north we have to go down 48" to get below the frost line. slab on grade up here in NE are sort of anti-climatic because all you see is the little bit above the grade when it is all said and done. best wishes
Lou

Bill Arnold
11-26-2006, 2:12 AM
Looking good Bill. How do you like it up there compared to Sarasota? Maybe I should ask after your first winter.Well, it's a fact we're north of Sarasota but it ain't exactly Minnesota, either. :D Actually, it's been kinda nice experiencing something called "Fall" here.

Bill Arnold
11-26-2006, 2:18 AM
hi bill
shop is looking good
do you folks use " footings " in fl? ... LouWe're in GA now. Footings are at or barely below grade since this area has no extended freezes.

Beale Carter
11-26-2006, 8:33 AM
Very nice shop addition Bill. Heck I would have been happy with the before, much less the after. Keep up the good work, Beale.

Bart Leetch
11-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi Bill the shop is lookin good.

Question did you put the sheathing on after raising the walls because of the weight. So they would be easier to raise? My Dad was a builder & we always put the sheathing on with the wall panel laying flat so we could square it up & then put the sheathing on to hold it square. Also its easier to put sheathing on while the panel is laying down.

John Renzetti
11-26-2006, 11:51 AM
hi Bill, The shop addition is moving along nicely. Also great work that is featured in the gallery section of the website.
take care,
John

Bill Arnold
11-26-2006, 2:49 PM
Hi Bill the shop is lookin good.

Question did you put the sheathing on after raising the walls because of the weight. So they would be easier to raise? My Dad was a builder & we always put the sheathing on with the wall panel laying flat so we could square it up & then put the sheathing on to hold it square. Also its easier to put sheathing on while the panel is laying down.Bart,

On the four sections of the back and side walls, I applied two sheets of OSB to keep them square prior to raising them. I decided to apply OSB to the window section of the front wall after I raised it since it didn't require a full sheet. After framing the door section of the front wall, I wanted to raise it but ny neighbor wasn't available, so I applied the OSB afterwards.

Bill Arnold
11-26-2006, 2:52 PM
hi Bill, The shop addition is moving along nicely. Also great work that is featured in the gallery section of the website.
take care,
JohnJohn,

Thanks for your comments. I need to do some updates to the Gallery in my spare time -- one of these days -- in a galaxy far away -- during a time warp -- whatever! :eek: :D :confused: