PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 5625 question

Randal Stevenson
11-25-2006, 1:26 PM
Bought one off the black friday ads via HDT. My father has a great base we are looking at building into a battleship table (aprox size 24" by 40"). I am trying to use some scrap from a friends shop, to save money instead of a plate (at this time), but I am needing the width dimensions. (hoping since he has a slightly smaller piece of scrap, then a normal lift, 10 5/8", I could use smaller and upgrade later).
Thanks all

Allen Bookout
11-25-2006, 3:18 PM
I am not sure what you are asking. I cannot get to the base of mine to give you an accurate measurement as it is mounted up throught 1 1/2" of MDF to a plate.

If you want to save some money why not mount it directly to a 3/4" piece of MDF that is well braced to get the top level. Take a look at Pat Warners set up for that router on his web site. Here is the page where you can look at how he handles the Milwaukee 5626.
http://patwarner.com/selecting_router.html

Randal Stevenson
11-25-2006, 3:42 PM
Handle to handle width. I would like the plate to be removeable, but no point in having a plate, if I can't leave the router attached to it, and pull it up.

Allen Bookout
11-25-2006, 3:49 PM
Sorry Randal,

I have my handles removed and stored away. I am sure that someone else will come along that can give you that information.

Randal Stevenson
11-25-2006, 3:49 PM
I should really start getting more sleep. Checked out the site you mentioned, and it never dawned on me to remove the handles (doh).
I'll just have to find a place to put them where I don't forget them.

glenn bradley
11-25-2006, 4:43 PM
With the handles off mine (you'll do this too if you mount in the RT) and the screws replaced; 7 1/2" at the widest part.

CPeter James
11-25-2006, 5:32 PM
That should have come with two set of handles, one is a knob and one is a "D" style. I take them off to mount to the table. Don't forget to turn it 45 degrees so that you can use the above the table adjusting feature.

CPeter