PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Ken Salisbury
11-02-2003, 11:21 AM
I personally like to put a face on someone when reading posts and responding to them. I wish more members would use the avatar feature here. It really helps especially if you go to shows, get togethers, etc. You know who people are even before introductions.

I use to post a pic as part of my signature even back in the Badger Pond days. Last week, as was apparent in the posts by several people who saw me at Woodworks 2003 and said "hey I know that guy" and came over to introduce themselves. (of course an ugly puss is easier to remember :D.)

In the early days of SMC I made lots of avatars for members who were unable to make them. I will make that offer to any member who wants to use an avatar. Just e-mail me (ken@oldrebelworkshop.com)a picture (any size) which I can crop/compress to the required size (50 x 50 pixels). I will do so and e-mail you back an avatar which you can insert in your profile.

Mike Evertsen
11-02-2003, 12:50 PM
I've stayed away from camera's since someone made a comment about shaving his dog and having him walk backwrd,,,LOL,,,maybe if I can find a picture I'll put one on,,,,

Ron Meadows
11-02-2003, 2:14 PM
OK Ken, but remember you asked for it. When users open posts from me now and their computer monitors start to break we'll be directing the bills your way!!!

Ron

mike malone
11-02-2003, 4:00 PM
OK Ken, but remember you asked for it. When users open posts from me now and their computer monitors start to break we'll be directing the bills your way!!!

Ron

OK ken
remember halloween just passed...
lets see if this works
regards
mike

Phil Phelps
11-02-2003, 4:04 PM

Ron
...but the tortoise comes outta' his shell :p I'll bet 99% who ain't ever seen ya', are sayin', "that's the guy?" :D

Jason Roehl
11-02-2003, 4:42 PM
...but the tortoise comes outta' his shell :p I'll bet 99% who ain't ever seen ya', are sayin', "that's the guy?" :D

What about those of us who have seen him and are saying, "that's the guy?"

:D

Steve Nelson
11-03-2003, 10:36 AM
I personally like to put a face on someone when reading posts and responding to them. I wish more members would use the avatar feature here. It really helps especially if you go to shows, get togethers, etc. You know who people are even before introductions.

I use to post a pic as part of my signature even back in the Badger Pond days. Last week, as was apparent in the posts by several people who saw me at Woodworks 2003 and said "hey I know that guy" and came over to introduce themselves. (of course an ugly puss is easier to remember :D.)

In the early days of SMC I made lots of avatars for members who were unable to make them. I will make that offer to any member who wants to use an avatar. Just e-mail me (ken@oldrebelworkshop.com)a picture (any size) which I can crop/compress to the required size (50 x 50 pixels). I will do so and e-mail you back an avatar which you can insert in your profile.
Hey Ken can you make me one from the pics you took at Hatfields? Steve

Ken Salisbury
11-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey Ken can you make me one from the pics you took at Hatfields? Steve

Sure Steve - will do it tonight

Steve Nelson
11-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Sure Steve - will do it tonight
Thanks Ken

Ken Salisbury
11-03-2003, 3:23 PM
Thanks Ken

Copy and paste this in your user CP

Bill Roland
11-03-2003, 5:54 PM
This is me. Ya'll better squint or it will hurt to look.
Ken, sorry I missed you at the Woodworks Nashville, I was just too far behind on some projucts that I have to get finished with on the new house before next month.

Matt Woodworth
11-03-2003, 7:42 PM
Can you grab my head from this picture?

link (http://www.employees.org/~vanguard/images/woodworking/bunk_bed/bunk_bed-images/0.jpg)

I'm the man, not the little girl. :)

Ken Salisbury
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Can you grab my head from this picture?

link (http://www.employees.org/~vanguard/images/woodworking/bunk_bed/bunk_bed-images/0.jpg)

I'm the man, not the little girl. :)

Here ya go Matt - copy and paste this for your avatar:

Keith Starosta
11-04-2003, 12:34 PM
I don't know, Ken. Something is wrong with the avatar you sized down for me. I'm not NEARLY that good-lookin' in real life!! :D :p

Keith

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-04-2003, 1:26 PM
Ok you asked for it. I am going to look for a picturethe doesnt make me look like I am going to kill something.

Roger

Matt Woodworth
11-04-2003, 1:58 PM
Thanks Ken