PDA

View Full Version : Up the Creek with another Creeker

Jack Dickey
11-24-2006, 5:09 PM
Dennis Peacock has been within a few miles of me this week .. We tried Thanksgiving Day to catch one another without success .. This morning it happened .. Had a good chat for about twenty minutes then he was off again ..

John Miliunas
11-24-2006, 5:20 PM
Dang, that Peacock guy is quick!!! Whew...Poses, shoots the picture and then makes it back for the pose, camera in hand! :eek: :D Yup, as has been said many times over, "Creeker visits are the best!" :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-24-2006, 7:37 PM
I'm envious!

Jack Dickey
11-24-2006, 7:42 PM
ENVIOUS ??
Of what , wont nobody come up there from the Creek ??

Jim Becker
11-24-2006, 9:38 PM
Indeed an honor to meet Dennis!! (Same for Ken...should I get to Idaho, you're on "my list"... ;) )

Ken Fitzgerald
11-25-2006, 2:24 AM
Shucks.........I still have a hard time convincing somebody Idaho really does exist!:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
11-26-2006, 10:42 AM
There are several Creeker's that are on my list to visit. It's just going to take time. :)

Dennis Peacock
11-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Jack,

It was a VERY nice visit with you and the LOYL. I hope that next time, we'll have more time to visit and maybe throw a little sawdust in your shop. :D

Thanks for the visit and may you and your family be blessed this holiday season.

Jack Dickey
11-26-2006, 2:14 PM
Back at ya Dennis ..
Ya know I got 47 zillion hats and ball caps , and I wear one all the time , and Faye still fussing about me and THAT hat in the picture ..
Wimmen ...

Barry Stratton
11-27-2006, 4:59 PM
Dennis is "good people", glad you got to meet him first hand Jack!

Shucks.........I still have a hard time convincing somebody Idaho really does exist!:rolleyes:

And Ken, of course Idaho exists, thats where potato's come from:D

Andy Hoyt
11-27-2006, 5:26 PM
....And Ken, of course Idaho exists, thats where potato's come from:D Not all of 'em, bub.

Zahid Naqvi
11-27-2006, 5:55 PM

Now this is a true story, no kidding. I was in a Unix class in Chicago and we were going through the customary introductions at the beginning of the class. I introduced myself as being from Arkansas, and one of the lady students asks "and where would that be?". She actually didn't know where Arkansas was, I told her on the north east corner of Texas, which seemed to help her some because she knew where Texas was. As a side note she was from Wisconsin, and everyone knows all the cheese grows in Wisconsin.

Producing food products does so much for identity crises :rolleyes: We do have Tyson, but no one seems to know they are based in Arkansas.

John Miliunas
11-27-2006, 6:40 PM
As a side note she was from Wisconsin, and everyone knows all the cheese grows in Wisconsin.

Uh huh! We harvest that thar cheese twice a year with our big John Deere's! :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-27-2006, 7:18 PM
Hey, Zahid. That reminds me....

Back in the mid-seventies I was on my way up to Tok, Alaska when I found myself in Whitehorse, Yukon where I stopped for fuel. There, between the road and the Yukon River the Canadian Parks Department had established a visitor center aboard the retired and beached paddlewheeler Klondike (http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/yt/ssklondike/index_e.asp).

Tours were possible so I took one. The tour ended in the vessel's pilothouse, whereupon our guide began a discussion about life in the high latitudes, long daylight hours, and other fun stuff. At one point he gestured to the clearly visible full moon and was immediately interupted by this woman in a flowery yellow hat who wanted to know if that was the same moon they saw back home in Wisconsin.

Jack Dickey
11-27-2006, 8:07 PM
Yeah Barry he alrite for a RazrBack ( them Whoopigs got skint Dennis ) , still caint figger why he left God's Country for that place tho' ...
Me I'm ready to relocate to Alaska , but LOML says I be going it alone ..
Still got enuff Bama in him to be useful ..