PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot what a farce

Bart Leetch
11-24-2006, 9:04 AM
So I went to Home Depot to pick up the 5 piece 18 volt Rigid tools set that the person in the tools section had looked on their information sheet & told me was going to be on sale.

Guess what they decided not to put it on sale.

Same old same old HD. Either don't have is can't find it don't know what it is or change our mind at the last minute.

patrick anderson
11-24-2006, 9:05 AM
sounds like HD to me mate....I hope you didnt get up at the crack of dawn to go down there

skip coyne
11-24-2006, 9:24 AM
well it wasn't in the sale flyer which made me question it but I was there in line at 5:45 anyway just in case . went to two HD's and neither one Evan stocked the 5 piece set

I did manage to spend 125 on other stuff , got some good deals on Christmas presents for my sons

they do have a great deal on a 12 gal shop vac for 27 (was 69 ) . I had one in the cart but I already have one and I couldn't see a need for two

Either don't have is can't find it don't know what it is or change our mind at the last minute.

there was a bit set advertised that I wanted , I looked at both stores and couldn't find it , at the second store I found a guy in tools , he and a supervisor both looked then finally said they guessed the bit set never came in :rolleyes:

scott spencer
11-24-2006, 9:29 AM
Bummer..."may the farce be with them!" :eek:

Bart Leetch
11-24-2006, 11:10 AM
So a question??

Would you consider $299 for the same 5 piece tool set a good price? According to what I see the normal price is $499.
I have found a source selling at $299.

John Kain
11-24-2006, 11:18 AM
So a question??

Would you consider $299 for the same 5 piece tool set a good price? According to what I see the normal price is $499.

I think that's the price you'll see a couple times a year during big sale times.

skip coyne
11-24-2006, 11:26 AM
So a question??

well , will you get the lifetime warranty ? that would be a big part of my decision to purchase .

the 299 with the HD rebate for a additional free tool seemed very good to me .

299 for the 5 still sounds good , assuming the warranty is in place .

its currently "on sale "at the HD site for around 400

Bart Leetch
11-24-2006, 11:48 AM
$499 here at HD. The warranty is only for 1 year for the set priced at $299.

Howard Acheson
11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
>> The warranty is only for 1 year for the set priced at $299.

Is that price at an US authorized Ridgid seller? AFAIK, and as stated on the Ridgid website, all Ridgid authorized sellers sell Ridgid Portable Tools with a three year warranty and the free "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" that include all spare parts including batteries.

skip coyne
11-24-2006, 12:33 PM
404.10 on the HD website
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1548889029.1164389267@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddjhgjdllkcgelceffdfgidgim.0&MID=9876

so question is , "is the warranty worth 105.10 ? "

if its not authorized rigid dealer I would be Leary about spending that kind of money .

who is the one year warranty with and are you sure they will/can honor it

joseph j shields
11-24-2006, 1:22 PM
FYI...

I bought the 5 piece set for $299 a few days ago.

There is a mail-in offer for another free free.(buried on HD web site)

In the box there is a slip for the life time service agreement and it states that batteries are covered.

-jj

ps the impact driver is great (never used one before)

thomas prevost
11-24-2006, 7:10 PM
To regress from the Rigid tools,discussion the HD ad had a dewalt 18v drill for $109 and some good prices on their dewalt combo packs. None were available. Talked to the store manager in Gates, NY. He stated the whole lot of drills and kits were bought by employees before the store opened as with employee discount and reduced price, they could make a profit by selling on Craig's list. Or friends and relatives gave them the money to purchase prior to opening.

Did not like the stores attitude of allowing this to happen. This was an event for the public, not a closed employee sale.

Ted Miller
11-24-2006, 9:43 PM
Home Desperate can be a real pain in the you know what, I am adding some lighting in my shop and I needed some wire so I found eveything but one color, I asked three workers to help me with the wire I needed up on the top shelf since no one seemed to want to stock the lower shelf, I waited and waited so I finally went a grabbed the rolling ladder and of course the moment I walk up to reach the box of wire the manager comes through, so I proceeded to tell him, what happened to HD, it used to have real trades guys working here and some real customer service, now you got $9.25 hour people who know nothing except where an item should be. He could care less and I told him next time I have to climb a ladder I want hourly pay for doing his job...