PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Plaque

Ray Mighells
11-23-2006, 7:01 PM
The text on the plaque I sent to Picture Trail is not very clear so I'll just type it in here and you can use your choice of fonts. I like Palace Script but ypu'll have to color fill since it is such a fine script. I Might try in on my black sprayed marble. I don't know how to make short lines so I'll use a ; A Veteran; I was. that others did not want to be; I went where others did not want to go,; And did what others failed to do. ; I ask for nothing from those who gave nothing; And reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal; Loneliness should I fail. ; I have seen the fact of terror, I have felt; The sting of fear, and I have enjoyed ; The sweet taste of a moments love. ; But most of all, I have lives times best forgotten. ; At least today I will be able to say that; I was proud of what I am. ; A Veteran This poem was sent to me by a woodcarving friend from Washington state who coincidently served in the same Battalion as I did during 1950-51 in Korea. I hope you all have success with it..