PDA

View Full Version : Here's a few pics

Ray Mighells
11-23-2006, 5:00 PM
I zipped this file because I couldn't make the pics under 150KB. I would appreciate your evaluation. The veteran plaque is the one in the Sales Items thread. I made the Buffalo Run sign for a local shop, the owner's name is Buffalo. The sign is 11 X 24" and made of 1/4"thick Black Cherry with Black Walnut Letters 1/4" thick inlaid and left proud of the surface. I made two and glued them back to back. then two good wet coats of satin poly. Didn't even have to rub it out. The Indians are on 12 X 12" tan marble. I sprayed the marble w/flat black. I used multiple patterns just to get full use of the marble. Guess I'm going to have to get a tile saw because I think this is really neat..?? The other pics are from my first outing, and I thank Phyllis for the door idea. I've since added four 16 X 48" steel wire shelving, and thanks to Dennis for contributing that idea. I have four 6' folding tables. If Xmas sales don't look promising around here, I'm going to pack up everything and head for Quartzite AZ. I hope you enjoy my pics and let me know what you think........ Well my zipped file won't work either. I'll make a new album in Picture Trail, so just click here: http://www.PictureTrail.com/razaxnstuff That's easier anyhow...

Leigh Costello
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Very nice! Keep up the good work.
Leigh Costello

Bruce Page
11-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Ray, your laser work is spectacular and your carving blows me away!

Thanks for posting

Rob Lee
11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Ray -

Can you give me a shout by email? (rlee@leevalley.com) - you don't have an email address attached here, and I have PM's turned off....

Cheers -

Rob

Tom Radachi
11-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Holy Moly Ray...
I just spent a half hour enjoying your photos. You my friend, are truly gifted. I like the guitar made from spalted wood... and your carving... that's a whole other wonder.
Very nice!!!
Tom