PDA

View Full Version : Update on Pesh and THANKS!

John Miliunas
11-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey gang, just thought that, it being Thanksgiving and all, I'd throw my own "Thanks" out to all who have been keeping Pesh (Dale Thompson) and his family in your daily prayers and wishes. :) I just got off the horn with him and, thus far, things are looking pretty positive. He's done with the radiation therapy...In fact, he's had the max that can safely be administered. There has been a significant reduction in the cancer mass (80%) and he is now on the final leg of the chemotherapy, though final results of that will not be in until right around Christmas. In speaking with both, him and his wife, it's been a tough road, especially with the emotional implications of not knowing what the future will bring. OTOH, he is staying very positive, regardless of the hardships and his inability to do the woodworking he loves so much.

So, on this day of giving thanks, I'd like to give thanks for having Dale as a good friend and having all the Creekers as my friends and extended family! :) I simply ask that we ALL give similar thanks for our family, friends and our community here at the Creek! And, if the Spirit leads you in that direction, that you may also take a brief moment and give Pesh your prayers and/or well wishes for the continued strength and determination to beat this thing, so that he may again become more active in pursuing those things in life which give him the most pleasure. :)

Thanks to all and, may you and yours have a joyful and safe Thanksgiving Day! :) :cool:

Joe Mioux
11-23-2006, 12:49 PM
John: thank you for the update and Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and Dale's family as well.

Joe

Bruce Page
11-23-2006, 1:00 PM
John, I wasn’t aware that he was ill; I must’ve been on travel or something. Regardless, thanks for the update, he will be in our prayers.

Karl Laustrup
11-23-2006, 1:08 PM
Thanks Spring for the update. Pesh is always on my mind and always in my prayers.

Pesh, if you happen to read this, be aware that I could show up in Peshtigo one day. :eek: :D

Well, as soon as they get the road built. :D :D

Karl
AKA "Dells"

Ken Fitzgerald
11-23-2006, 1:34 PM
Thanks John for the update! Pesh is in my thoughts and prayers! I miss his humble presence here!

Jim Becker
11-23-2006, 2:54 PM
Thanks, John...please pass on encouraging words from me!

David Wilson
11-23-2006, 3:00 PM
Thanks for the update John.

Jerry Olexa
11-23-2006, 10:04 PM
John: Thanks for the update. We will keep our dear friend in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery...

Dennis Peacock
11-24-2006, 12:09 AM
John,

Thanks for the update on Pesh.!!! I will continue to remember him in my thoughts and prayers. Give him our best wishes will ya? ;)

Dan Larson
11-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the update, John. I miss having that cranky old coot around here!;)

Dan

John Miliunas
11-24-2006, 9:26 AM
Hey gang...Thanks much for your kind thoughts, wishes and prayers! When next I talk to Dale, I will be sure and pass them along. :) While I know that for many, Pesh is just another name (and face) in the long list of members we have here but, to me, he's a dear friend. He's the type of guy who is always looking out for friends and family first, Dale second. Heck, I've still got some deer antler he sent me as soon as he found out I wanted to try making an antler pen! I've always lived by the, "What goes around, comes around" motto and figure it's time for it to come back to Dale! Thanks again for helping Dale out with this one. It's a biggie!!! :) :cool:

Roy Wall
11-24-2006, 9:34 AM
Thanks for the good news John!! Tell that old Goat he is loved by the Creek!......and I'm ready to hear some more of his awesome posts!!

John Bailey
11-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the update John. Pesh, or I guess it's Dale to us non-cheesheads, is quite a wit and character, isn't he. I miss his view of the world. Can't wait till I hear his version of his absence.

John

Steve Ash
11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
I've never met Dale but I sure do enjoy reading his posts, they always seem to bring a smile. Here is hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Pesh and thanks for letting us all know John.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
11-24-2006, 3:04 PM
Sending out our thoughts and prayer to Dale from way over here in Japan.

All the best Dale, and thanks John for keeping us in the loop!

Cheers!

Steve Clardy
11-24-2006, 3:42 PM
All the best Dale:)

Joe Mioux
11-24-2006, 9:40 PM
Hey gang...Thanks much for your kind thoughts, wishes and prayers! When next I talk to Dale, I will be sure and pass them along. :) While I know that for many, Pesh is just another name (and face) in the long list of members we have here but, to me, he's a dear friend. He's the type of guy who is always looking out for friends and family first, Dale second. Heck, I've still got some deer antler he sent me as soon as he found out I wanted to try making an antler pen! I've always lived by the, "What goes around, comes around" motto and figure it's time for it to come back to Dale! Thanks again for helping Dale out with this one. It's a biggie!!! :) :cool:

John:

I can only imagine what Dale would be typing if he just read that! I want to say something about your backside and grass... but I will let it ride.
\
His commentary is aaaaa. aaahhhh unique.

He is a true gem!

joe

John Miliunas
11-25-2006, 12:25 AM
He is a true gem!

joe

Got that one right, Joe! And not even "in the rough" but, cut and polished! :) Thanks for the thoughts!

And thanks also to the rest who have chimed in since I last posted! It means a lot to Dale and his family! :) :cool: