PDA

View Full Version : lowes sale friday

Andrew Melamed
11-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Some powermate compresor/nail gun combo is going to be like $75 or something. Its a small 2-gallon compresspr probally a P.O.S. probally good for your kid learning to woodwork. The only reason I have good tools is because I'm seriously into wood/metalworking and its basically all I do.

Ed Hilton
11-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Don't discount that little compressor. I was a professional remodeler for several years, and bought a very small Task Force compressor from Lowes for less than $100. It might have been under $80. One gallon I think. But it would put out 120 psi and was great for small jobs like shoe mould in a bathroom where it was impractical to drag in the 15 gal or even the pancake. Very quiet, I had no qualms about using it in an occupied space. It would fire my 15 ga Bostich about 6 times before cycling.

Andrew Melamed
11-23-2006, 12:02 PM
id much rather use a bostch 6gallon

Randal Stevenson
11-23-2006, 7:47 PM
Please consider eliminating your signature on this one, I just spent a bit going through the ads, looking for a special on that Victor torch. :rolleyes::mad:

Andrew Melamed
11-23-2006, 7:49 PM
why?......looking at the sig you should be able to tell that lowes doesnt sell that stuff.

Joe Trotter
11-23-2006, 9:11 PM
Some powermate compresor/nail gun combo is going to be like $75 or something. Its a small 2-gallon compresspr probally a P.O.S. probally good for your kid learning to woodwork. The only reason I have good tools is because I'm seriously into wood/metalworking and its basically all I do.

It is selling for $49, and it's 1 gallon. Looks like a good deal for a small compressor.

Bryan Rocker
11-24-2006, 12:40 PM
I stopped by to look at it, it is only 100 psi max. While I may not have the need for a high end compressor I felt the compressor was nothing more than a portable car compressor married to a small tank.

Art Mulder
11-24-2006, 1:13 PM
why?......looking at the sig you should be able to tell that lowes doesnt sell that stuff.

Because a 14 line signature is irritating. It takes up a whole ton of vertical space that we ALL have to scroll through in order to read the actual content of the posts.

Dave Hale
11-24-2006, 1:37 PM
Good grief, no need to get ugly.......
Give the guy a break, or at least buy a scroll-wheel mouse. :)

Andrew,
Change the font (smaller) on your auto-signature, put more than one item on a line, keep it down to 5 lines or so. Make it different so it doesn't look like normal text. That's what they're trying to say.

Andrew Melamed
11-24-2006, 5:45 PM
i bellong to about 3 other forums where my sig line is considered small.

Ken Werner
11-24-2006, 5:57 PM
Andrew, that may be, but not at this forum. Please consider the comments being made.

Ken

Ed Hilton
11-24-2006, 6:00 PM
i bellong to about 3 other forums where my sig line is considered small.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.