PDA

View Full Version : It's SQUARE!

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-01-2003, 1:23 PM
OK, I cleaned up the shop, and discovered I still had a Table Saw, and assorted other flat work tools............so I made something! :D (Tom, you may want to make sure your sitting down!) ;) Just another Box..........this one is a Christmas Present for a friend. The Box itself is Lacewood, with Maple Splines. The Top is Cherry, as is the Cherry Knob that I turned for the Box. Kinda neat, flat work with turned work involved...........sure adds a nice touch, and fires up all sorts of ideas in my head! :) The Box is 8 1/2" x 4" x approx 4" tall. I just finished it up this morning, and it has one coat of Antique Oil Finish on it so far. I am losing my touch a bit.........start to finish, this one took about 3 hours! :D Anyway, it was fun to whip out a little box again........and I have a few more underway. Thanks for taking a look! (Don't despair Tom, I also have a Bowl I will be posting a picture of later today!) :eek:

Todd Burch
11-01-2003, 1:30 PM
Good looking box Kevin! Thanks for posting. Are you going to put anything in the box when you present it? (cookies, beef jerky,...?)

Todd.

Mac McAtee
11-01-2003, 2:03 PM
Pretty work, Kevin. I sure like lacewood, kind of punky to work with but beautiful grain patterns.

Doug Jones
11-01-2003, 7:47 PM
Kevin, Nice box. I like the spline work. Glad to see you still know how to use your saw. Good work, keep them coming.

Tom Sweeney
11-01-2003, 9:14 PM
OH yeah big square thing with a spinning blade right? Where did I put mine??? :rolleyes: Oh yeah it's buried under all my turning stuff that's right :D

Nice job kevin - I never doubted for a minute that you remembered how to do flat work. :p

Matt Bridges
11-01-2003, 11:03 PM
That's beautiful. I like the lacewood grain pattern.

Matt