PDA

View Full Version : Show me a pic of your mitre saw/dust collection station

chris del
11-22-2006, 9:16 PM
For the past week after picking up my 3hp Gorilla, I have been installing ducting. Where I am stuck is making a effective dust hood for my mitre saw that will capture dust, but also be the minimum possible distance out from the wall..... I have a 12" dewalt (not sliding) mitre saw.
I am looking for ideas, and inspiration for a effictive system.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Joe Trotter
11-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I found this post helpful.....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46238

Jim Becker
11-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Detailed on my site in the article about my cantileverd miter station. My setup is very much like the NYW bench with under-tool collection combined with a hose to the blade guard.

Roland Chung
11-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I did this a while back with stuff laying around the shop. It consists of a bottom (cut out for a large plastic dust collection hood), a back and two sides and a top. I made it so that the sides fold flat onto the bottom and the back and the top fold flat.

I sized everything so that the head unit of the saw would fit inside when sliding in and so that the head unit would fit when swinging from side to side.

I would like to refine the way it breaks down for storage, but it has been working out pretty well. Mine is hooked up to the dust gorrilla.

Roland