PDA

View Full Version : New shops going up.

Carol Reed
11-22-2006, 6:07 PM
I love following all the new shops going up. I just wish there was a separate section. They get lost in the General Woodworking and Power Tools section. Could I lobby for a New/Improved Shops forum?:o

Brad Kimbrell
11-22-2006, 6:48 PM
Yes, and it could include a "Jigs & Fixtures" area as well. In other words, all shop improvements.

New cabinets, storage ideas, etc.

Great idea Carol.

Rob Bodenschatz
11-22-2006, 7:45 PM
I think the powers that be are working on some sort of "Shop Tours" area of the site. At least they said they were. Maybe that would be a good area for this sort of thing.

BTW, mine is one of those new shops. Haven't posted in a while because I'm waiting patiently for my contractor to get it rolling. Patiently is the key word here. Yeah, patiently.

Dan Racette
12-01-2006, 5:01 PM
Carol's idea of a "new shops" area outside general woodworking I think is a really good one that should be voted upon.

Welcome Carol. It is great to have you contributing to the Creek. I have valued the information that I have read in your books. Priceless to have a connection to your knowledge via this big information superhighway.

Dan

Rob Bodenschatz
12-01-2006, 5:10 PM
Dan, I think I read recently that the "shop tours" section of the site is on hold. I could be wrong, though.

BTW, we don't vote here. It's up to the admins.

Rick Levine
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I think the powers that be are working on some sort of "Shop Tours" area of the site. At least they said they were. Maybe that would be a good area for this sort of thing.

BTW, mine is one of those new shops. Haven't posted in a while because I'm waiting patiently for my contractor to get it rolling. Patiently is the key word here. Yeah, patiently.

Rob, I feel your pain. I'm having the same problem. I thought it was just here in New Mexico that that was a problem. I plan on showing my shop photos also, but I've been too busy with the construction and with things at work to organize them. Soon though.

Chuck Wood
12-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, and it could include a "Jigs & Fixtures" area as well. In other words, all shop improvements.

New cabinets, storage ideas, etc.

Great idea Carol.

Brad,

I like your idea! Sounds good to me. I like looking at other peoples shop pictures. They give me ideas for mine!:)

John Miliunas
12-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I love following all the new shops going up. I just wish there was a separate section. They get lost in the General Woodworking and Power Tools section. Could I lobby for a New/Improved Shops forum?:o

Hi Carol,

A "Shop Tours" section is not even one which needs to be voted upon. It's something the Admins have been wanting to do for some time now. Last I heard, there's a distinct possibility that it will indeed become a reality, though it wouldn't happen until, at least, the new server is purchased and configured. As a matter-of-fact, word is that there will be a number of site improvements, including a chat section. :) I wish I could be more definitive in my answer but, I can say that improvements are forthcoming, largely due to our successful fund drive we had recently. Stay tuned! :) Oh, and BTW, if/when you have suggestions, don't be afraid to ask/inquire. Yes, the Admins have the final say but, the Members are the ones who contribute to making it happen by way of suggestions and input. Thanks for yours! :) :cool:

Don Bullock
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM

That would be fantastic and just what someone like me needs. :D