PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Frank Kobilsek
11-22-2006, 4:59 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

How lucky we are and how thankful we should be to be woodturners! First of all woodturners wive's are the best people in the world. That and when we enjoy our hobby we produce wonderful beautiful & useful items to be enjoyed by our friends and family.

Other co-workers are leaving today complaining its too cold to golf or fish, thier wife is going to make them go shopping or they gotta clean the gutters. Each of us will be in our shops all weekend spinning away at the Christmas list and sanding away our troubles.

So we are lucky, even luckier still that our weird little cult so enjoys sharing ideas & tips. No deer hunter is ever going to share his secret spot, but a turner will always take another turner on a wood collection mission. Them logs are heavy!

Just say a thank you prayer this weekend that God's divine plan let you be a woodturner.

Maybe I am just a bit misty but my plumber just called to tell me the heat is on in my garage. See you all on Monday.

Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2006, 5:36 PM
You got it right Frank! I'm just glad the inmates here selected me to be the Abysserated One! My wife will tell you as much as I enjoyed elk hunting.....in 38 years she's known me, she's not seen me enjoy anything as much as turning. Beyond that family, friends......a job......retirement in the not-to-distant future......I've got a lot for which to be thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Bernie Weishapl
11-22-2006, 7:22 PM
Ken said it all. I never in all my life figured I would fall in love with a hobby like I did this one. Got the wife, kids, grandkids and all you friends on here. What more can a guy ask for. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Ed Scolforo
11-23-2006, 6:11 AM
Yes, we indeed are fortunate. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Ed