PDA

View Full Version : OT- computer mice

Chuck Wintle
11-22-2006, 3:10 PM
I was looking to change the mouse I am using because it has become intermittent. So I was wondering who uses which kind of mouse and if you like it. I have started to get arthritis in my hand so I want to pay more attention to the ergonomics of it.:)

John Hart
11-22-2006, 3:39 PM
I like Microsoft mice for the shape...and I like any wireless laser mouse for the convenience of working on the desk or my leg, or my dinner...or whatever. And definitely like any mouse with a scroll wheel.

That combination makes my arthritis negligible. But that's just me I reckon.

Oh...I also switch each week from right handed to left handed.

Mitchell Andrus
11-22-2006, 3:44 PM
Like John, MS mouse, wired.

Mitch

Ken Garlock
11-22-2006, 4:44 PM
What John said.

Be sure to get an optical M/S mouse. It works great and you have zero maintenance - no cleaning mouse balls.:eek:

skip coyne
11-22-2006, 5:06 PM
I'm big fan of trackballs . no need to move more than your thumb and a finger . you can place it wherever its comfortable

Jeremy Gibson
11-22-2006, 5:39 PM
Like Skip, I prefer trackballs. I've used a Kensington trackball for years - several versions.

If you want a wired Microsoft optical mouse (USB or PS/2) I have one I never used in my office closet. PM me with your address and I'll mail it to you - no charge, nada, free, zippo!

Jim O'Dell
11-22-2006, 5:42 PM
LOML and I both love our Logitech Trackballs. A lot ooppeople don't like the trackball type mice, but it fits my hand, and I don't have to have desk space to move the mouse around. I'm threatening to get one for work because I don't even have a space for a mouse pad! IThey make them in wierless also. Jim.

Jack Dickey
11-22-2006, 6:27 PM
Here we have the LogiTech trackball as well .. Cant use anything else , almost as good as home made bread , almost ..

Doug Shepard
11-22-2006, 6:46 PM
Logitech wireless run on the armr of my Lazybody chair with my laptop. If I didn't keep the power adapter plugged in I'd be completely cordless as the wireless router takes care of the internet connection.

Randy Meijer
11-22-2006, 10:42 PM
99 times out of 100, a cranky mouse is a dirty mouse. Do you know how and have you given it a good cleaning lately or ever?? Takes about 5 minutes and it will probably be good as new for another five years.

Holler if you need/want details on the cleaning process and I will post a short description.

Ernie Hobbs
11-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Over the past few years, I've tried about four different kinds of wireless optical mice. The main complaint is that they always used up the batteries way too fast. But, now I use the Logitech wireless optical mouse and I think I've only changed the battery once in the past year. It also hasn't worn out yet, unlike the others. I think the old ones that I have discarded are Micro Innovations, Fellowes, and Kensington (I'm sure each brand has lots of different models). The Logitech has served me well.

Curt Harms
11-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm big fan of trackballs . no need to move more than your thumb and a finger . you can place it wherever its comfortable

I have a Microsoft corded trackball. It works well. SWMBO has one of these
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2150,CONTENTID=5006 and a Logitech cordless keyboard. I prefer the larger ball of the Microsoft but the Logitech is very usable. Kensington also makes a wireless trackball now-they didn't when we bought the Logitech. The thing I like about the trackball is it doesn't take much space because the device never moves, just the ball & buttons. It does take a little getting used to(less than 30 minutes), but we've used trackballs for years and can use either a mouse or trackball equally well. The one thing I can't do well with a trackball is draw like in a paint program. I cheated and bought a little digitizer pad. The digitizer can be a cheating piece because I've put an image I wanted to modify on it and trace the part of the image I wanted to use.

Curt

Peter Stahl
11-24-2006, 5:52 AM
I like the wireless, MS, optical mouse. I actully got a cheap GE mouse from HD that worked really well on our other PC. The one I use the most is the MS mouse though.

Tim Morton
11-24-2006, 8:00 AM
My vote is the logitech MX1000 optical laser mouse. charge lasts for weeks and it will recharge very quickly. Plus it is highly programable.:D

Chuck Wintle
11-24-2006, 8:39 AM
Thanks to everyone for their input. I ended up buying an MS model 1000 optical mouse which I liked for the ergonomic shape and the price was right.

Rennie Heuer
11-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I was looking to change the mouse I am using because it has become intermittent. So I was wondering who uses which kind of mouse and if you like it. I have started to get arthritis in my hand so I want to pay more attention to the ergonomics of it.:)
I'm developing the same problem. I use a computer about 9 hours a day and I went to a wireless trackball (thumb ball) from Logitech. All assiciated wrist pains and such have gone away.