PDA

View Full Version : sorting "Favorites"

Frank Fusco
11-22-2006, 9:58 AM
There seems to be a lot of good computer advice here. I'll seek an answer to a puzzler regarding my saved "Favorites".
In several of my categories, like 'woodworking and tools' I have many-many sites saved. This one probably has 200.
I know that to list alphabetically, one right clicks then chooses "sort by name" and 'voila' they list alphabetically. Or they are supposed to. But, it seems that there is a limit and after a certain number new sites won't list alphabetically.
So my question is: whahoppen?
Is there a way to correct this?

Derek Rose
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259735

SYMPTOMS
When you try to sort your favorites in alphabetical order, some of the favorites may not appear in order.

CAUSE
This issue can occur if you have more that 193 favorites listed on the Favorites menu.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, move the favorites into subfolders, or delete any unused favorites until you have less than 193.

Ken Salisbury
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
If you have more than 193 favorites you are spending waaaay too much time on the internet.:D

Jim King
11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I have to agree with Ken, go turn something.

Frank Fusco
11-22-2006, 1:45 PM
I have to agree with Ken, go turn something.

Yer probably right. My office is between the tv room and my shop. I stop at it every time I walk through the house.
I have way-way more Favorites saved than 193 in woodworking and a couple other categories. Much easier than Googling, and that is pretty easy. Oh, well.
Thanks for the info.