PDA

View Full Version : Advertiser Free Sawmill Creek - Vote Now!!

John Bailey
11-22-2006, 8:56 AM
In case you've missed it, there's a vote going on at the Creek. If you would like to keep Sawmill Creek as an advertiser free forum, you should make a 2007 Contribution. We've suggested $6. Most contributors have contributed more. I would like to see the Creek remain advertiser free. If you feel the same way, consider making a contribution. I've always sent $6 for myself and another $18 for others who cannot contribute right now. That's $2 a month - well worth every penny for the infomation I get here. There'll be a decision made the beginning of December. So, there's not a lot of time, just 9 days.

If you would like to see the Creek stay advertiser free, consider making a 2007 Contribution now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You can donate by PayPal by emailing your donation to;

sales@northwindassociates.com

Or you can send a check via snailmail to the following address;

Make checks payable to SawmillCreek Woodworkers Forums!

SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums
c/o Northwind Associates
8770 Little England Rd.
Hayes Va 23072

Thanks for supporting The Creek!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

John

Louis Bois
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
DONE! Thanks for the "head's up" John!

Cheers.

John Bailey
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks Louis,

Who's the cutie on your shoulder.

John

Louis Bois
11-22-2006, 12:35 PM
That's my son...he was only 1 1/2 at the time...he's almost 3 now!!!:eek: Where does the time go. He's a great helper in the shop...love to sweep up and such...but he's a tough supervisor! He insists on overseeing every stage of the rocking horse construction! Only 60 days left!!!!

Mike Henderson
11-22-2006, 1:58 PM
Forgive me for being so literal (my wife accuses me of that all the time) but is there a vote being taken somewhere? If so, I can't find it. If there is a vote being taken, would you provide a pointer to the thread or where ever the vote thread is.

Or is that your way of saying that our contributions are a vote to keep SMC advertising free?

Mike

Chuck Saunders
11-22-2006, 2:22 PM
Mike,
I think that you are voting with your wallet. Keith was saying that if the contributions received by December 1 are sufficient then SMC would remain advertiser free. I too looked for a vote link but there isn't one. If I have misunderstood then I am sure someone will make the needed corrections.
Chuck

Michael Fross
11-22-2006, 2:23 PM
Or is that your way of saying that our contributions are a vote to keep SMC advertising free?

Mike

I took it as your latter. If they can't get enough contributions, then they will open it up for advertisers to make up the difference. I hope folks contribute so that does not occur.

My view was that we all dump so much money on tools, what's $20 for something I read every day. That's less than a magazine that I read in 20 minutes.

Anyway, I'll get off my toolbox.

Michael

John Bailey
11-22-2006, 2:54 PM
Mike, Chuck and Michael,

The vote refers to the phrase that Keith used when the subject came up of advertising or not. Because of the finances Keith needs to know which way to go for next year. The Creek has always been up front about being advertising free. While there may be some advantages to advertising, we have always chosen to go advertising free. Many would like to see that stay the same. If we cannot get enough to run the Creek through contributions, our choice will be some form of advertising or close the Creek. There was never a "Poll" started, just a statement that a contribution will be a vote to keep the Creek advertiser free.

Hope that clears it up.

John