PDA

View Full Version : O.T Way way O.T.

Dick Howard
10-31-2003, 2:04 PM
Hi Guys, I have two spools of silvertone recording wire that my mom has had since I was a kid. Dont know what is on it. The wire is about 55 years old or so. I can remember Dad using the recorder to tape family members. Hoping that there may be recording of my sister that died as a child. Contacted one outfit in NY that wanted $100 per hour to recover whatever is on the wire and put it on cd. Cant afford anything like that. Then it dawned on me, you guys know alot about alot so maybe you know someone that has a player for this wire that could help. Thanks, Dick in Idaho

Lee Schierer
10-31-2003, 2:34 PM
NPR or National Geographic or both did something about a year ago (maybe longer) where they took old recordings and played them onthe air. There was a group doing archives of old wire recordings since some of the things originally recorder on them weren' available in any other form.

Did you try a Google search for Wire recording or Recording on wire?? I found several including this one that seems cheaper than the price you quoted.

http://avconvert.com/audio/price_list_wire.html

Dick Howard
10-31-2003, 4:59 PM
NPR or National Geographic or both did something about a year ago (maybe longer) where they took old recordings and played them onthe air. There was a group doing archives of old wire recordings since some of the things originally recorder on them weren' available in any other form.

Did you try a Google search for Wire recording or Recording on wire?? I found several including this one that seems cheaper than the price you quoted.

http://avconvert.com/audio/price_list_wire.html

Lee, Thanks for the link. Looks like just what I need. Am going to call them now. Dick in Emmett Idaho

Doug Littlejohn
10-31-2003, 7:52 PM
Lee, Thanks for the link. Looks like just what I need. Am going to call them now. Dick in Emmett Idaho

Dick, when you find out, please let us know. Sure hope it has some of your sister on them.

Dick Howard
10-31-2003, 8:00 PM
Dick, when you find out, please let us know. Sure hope it has some of your sister on them.

Thanks Doug, Ill let you know. It will be a little while as I have to untangle some of the wire that was loose. Its a real bearcat.
Dick in Emmett Idaho