PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" Thanksgiving Edition

Karl Laustrup
11-22-2006, 7:33 AM
Wednesday November 22nd, 2006

As this is the start of a looooong weekend for many, I figured I would do the "Weekend Doin's" query early. Besides I wanted to wish all a very "HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

Personally, we have the kids and grandkids coming over for our first Thanksgiving in our new home. It will also be the first time in more than 15 years that we will be able to sit at a table and not scattered through out the house using TV trays and the floor.

I hope that if you're traveling, your journey will be a safe one. Leave some extra time and remember that being late beats not getting there at all.

Oh, lest I forget, please keep our Service Men and Women in your thoughts and prayers.

Karl

Bob Childress
11-22-2006, 7:40 AM
Well, the kids are coming in from Virginia so we'll have some good family time. Usual suspects for T'day dinner--gonna deep-fry this year's bird. Watch football, eat, watch football, eat, etc. :)

Matt Meiser
11-22-2006, 7:57 AM
Brothers are coming in from Columbus and Minneapolis for the weekend so a lot of "hanging out". We have two Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday to go to. IF I get some time, I have got to get my back blade for the tractor finished up--first real snow has got to be coming soon.

Tyler Howell
11-22-2006, 8:11 AM
I'm putting on the feed bag this year.
Sisters and BIL are coming bye.
Then I head up to the new place for a couple days. Drag some more stuff, and settle in.
Happy Day to you all.;)

Byron Trantham
11-22-2006, 8:34 AM
Friends of the family are hosting Thanksgiving this year and we are going there.

Rennie Heuer
11-22-2006, 8:35 AM
After 9 years of looking at the plain white walls of our livingroom and hall way the LOML said 'enough is enough'! (When we purchased the house 9 years ago I took a sprayer and painted the entire interior white)

Sooooooo, after three very aggravating trips to the paint counter at the local HD (a whole other thread could be written about this one!) I'm ready to do battle with the white walls!

Jim Becker
11-22-2006, 9:32 AM
'Hard to say what all will go down, but we'll have turkey on turkey day and probably do a few family-oriented things; perhaps some horseback riding at a local park and a train ride into the city to do a museum or Independence Mall...and some shop time on my vanity project. Deck demolition is nearly done...I'll hopefully finish that up today.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2006, 9:35 AM
Thanksgiving Day at the oldest son's place in Clarkston, WA..just across the river and turn...turn....turn those Christmas presents if the pager allows. I'm on call for all of eastern Washington, northern Idaho. My counterpart is out of town for the holiday....so......

Dave Anderson NH
11-22-2006, 9:59 AM
Sue and I are spening a nice quiet Thanksgiving alone without any family around whatsoever- no brothers, sisters, nieces or nephews, son and daughter-in-law, or grandchildren. We'll have the full turkey and trimmings of course, but we are just going to kick back and revel in the silence. Of course I just might liven things up by chasing Sue around the house a bit.:D

We do the Thanksgiving alone thing about every 3-4 years and thoroughly enjoy it.

Laurie Brown
11-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Assuming the weather cooperates and warms up a little, I'll be in the shop setting up my new saw!! And making some raised panel doors! :) Was on the road 15 hours yesterday with Don Fuss to pick up the saw and deliver one at his house and one at mine. ;) Pics later.

Lori Kleinberg
11-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Disappointing Holiday:( . Both my sons have to work (LE), so it will be exceptionally quiet, just my husband and his parents. Although that should allow be to get something done in the shop:D .
HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL

Al Willits
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
"""""""""
Of course I just might liven things up by chasing Sue around the house a bit
""""""""

Rememebr what Tyler always says, "didn't happen unless there's pitcures" :D :D

Pretty quiet around here, small family and work schueldes have my SIL working, so we're gonna do turkey day on Sat.
Beasty and I might go Golfing thursday if we can find a course still open, and then a quiet evening at home.
Sat will be our thanksgiving and sunday if I can move by then...yup cleaning the shop/garage...

Happy Thanksgiving all..

Al

Andy Hoyt
11-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I plan on eating. Then eating some more. This will be followed by The Miseries. I'll cure that by eating yet again. Won't work and The Miseries will return. A nap should fix it and make room for more eating. This will induce yet another onset of The Miseries; at which point I'll go for a walk in the woods.

Then - along around 11 AM on Thursday - I plan on initiating a Do Over when it'll be time for Second Breakfast. The reboot should clear all traces of The Miseries from my enlarged gut.

Then - along around 3 PM on Thursday - the turkey will finally be ready. As such, I plan on eating....... :D

Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

Jim O'Dell
11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
My parents are coming for T-Day here. I have to work Friday 7-6, but will have the weekend in the shop to finish the cyclone system up. Will get to work some on it tomorrow also. Need to build a lid for the chip barrel and install the flex hose on the exhaust pipes. Everyone have a good one! Jim.

John Miliunas
11-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I plan on eating. Then eating some more. This will be followed by The Miseries. I'll cure that by eating yet again. Won't work and The Miseries will return. A nap should fix it and make room for more eating. This will induce yet another onset of The Miseries; at which point I'll go for a walk in the woods.

Then - along around 11 AM on Thursday - I plan on initiating a Do Over when it'll be time for Second Breakfast. The reboot should clear all traces of The Miseries from my enlarged gut.

Then - along around 3 PM on Thursday - the turkey will finally be ready. As such, I plan on eating....... :D

Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

Sheeeesh, Andy...I can almost hear your poor gut growling from hunger all the way over here! :eek: I seriously think you should start practicing this whole eating thing starting sometime this afternoon! :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
John - I've been in training for this event for the past 363 days and just last night was finally able to deem myself in top peak form. Please pass the sweet pertators!

Dan Oliphant
11-22-2006, 12:09 PM
This year will be a real full house. Daughter and son in law, three grand kids, son and daughter in law and another couple that are close friends of your son. Lots of eating and family time.
Just hope that all the hooping and hollering as Denver beats up on Kansas City doesn't scare the grand kids!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL

AND TO ALL ACTIVE MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRAFICES TO KEEP US SAFE, YOU DONE REAL GOOD.

John Miliunas
11-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, this year will be an exception from the norm. Just the LOML, myself, our youngest daughter and one of my friends. Usually kind of a houseful, which is OK but, I'm looking forward to a bit more quiet and laid back atmosphere. Even plan on shop and weight room time for ALL four days! :D :cool:

W Craig Wilson
11-22-2006, 12:36 PM
As usual - doing the 435.6 mile drive to my sister's house in Ohio.

As not so usual - not leaving until 5:00 PM or so - my son has to work and we're traveling together to help manage his 5 kids.

Not looking forward to the Chicago PM traffic

Mark Pruitt
11-22-2006, 1:29 PM
I'm working Thanksgiving Day and Friday. That was my choice, as I'm trying to build up my vacation hours. It also gives me an opportunity to be at work when I can spend time organizing my office, provided the house is quiet! Saturday I'll be back in the shop.:)

Jerry Strojny
11-22-2006, 2:49 PM
Driving up to the Packer homeland for T-day with my parents. Friday, the drive back. Saturday, 2 year-old birthday party (cowboy theme, can't wait) and sunday a baptism for nephew. So, not much time to spend on the projects, but that's ok, tis the season for family!

Gobble Gobble everyone....

Earl Reid
11-22-2006, 3:46 PM
Our Daughter and the boys are on thier way from DC, Tomorrow we will go to SILs for a big family dinner. At 6pm we will got to my brother's house to have dessert with a large gathering with family. Hope we don't go deer hunting on the way home:eek: I love these family gatherings.:)

Have a nice safe day
Earl

Terry Hatfield
11-22-2006, 8:27 PM
Seems there will be 'bout 20 or so assorted inlaws and folks from the church here tomorrow for lunch and then a few from my family for Saturday. I hope to make a little more progress on the pulpit project in-between all the eatin' and such and watchin' the Hogs beat up on them poor boys from LSU on Friday. :eek:

Hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Terry

Jerry Olexa
11-22-2006, 9:39 PM
This year , TWO thanksgiving dinners. Tommorrow, we all gather @ my son's home for the traditional T Day feast (about 16 of us). Then on Friday (my daughter and SIL love turkey leftovers), they are having a second turkey dinner. Will squeeze in some shop time over the weekend and may have to run down to Rocklers for supplies. Today, repaired my DC. Much to be thankful for this year and hope u all have a great day...

Mike Heidrick
11-23-2006, 1:55 AM
Well today I left work at 1:00pm and went home and changed the oil in the 3320 Deere. Then once that was done and I organized/put away some new to me saw filers,setters,retoothers from Grandpa. After that was done I started a project with my dad (he arrived to help change oil). We made a Horse Racing Gaming Board. This is a card/Dice/Wooden Board game that involves betting on dice rolls. It is very fun. We finished uo the game tonight at about midnight. We plan to play it tomorrow when my sister and her famiy come up for dinner. At about 12:30pm tonight I started a turkey breast in the crock pot - slow cook recipe I have. Will do a second breast in the Showtime rotisserie tomorrow as well - that one will be cajun spice injected. We are hosting in case you missed it.

Check out this link for info on the horse race game:
http://www.boardgames.ca/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=165

We designed our own board that I like much much better than the triangle tipped ones.

Jeff Cybulski
11-23-2006, 7:47 AM
quite dinner with LOML then off to Mexico on Saturday for a week of relaxing, sun, and some Tequila

Jeff

Karl Laustrup
11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
quite dinner with LOML then off to Mexico on Saturday for a week of relaxing, sun, and some Tequila

Jeff

Don't suppose you've got room in your luggage for a hitch hiker? :confused: :D :D

Karl

Nancy Laird
11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Daughter/SIL/6-year-old munchkin here from SLC for the weekend. Today, movie and big turkey dinner, tomorrow some shopping (I don't do 5:00 a.m.) while LOML works, then Saturday and Sunday just doing catch-up stuff. We still are only halfway through cutting our order of 2000 Christmas ornaments, so both lasers are running full out all day for all 3 days. Told Daughter and SIL that they are going to have to wax ornaments for their dinner--they were not impressed?

Don't know about you, but we have a lot to be thankful for this year, but one of my blessings is to have found this forum and the new friends I've made here. Thank you all.

Happy Thanksgiving, All.

Nancy

Bryan Somers
11-23-2006, 9:34 PM
Just a normal workday for me this hospital just dont shut down. We do rotate Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays so I will be off Christmas this yr. The sadest part of the day was seeing a young infant had been brought into pediatrics ICU this morning. Wishing all of you had a great day.