PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a vector outline of a teddy bear

Pat Kearney
11-21-2006, 11:01 PM
The local chapter of a volunteer organization I belong to (Telephone Pioneers of America) creates what we call "Hug-a-Bears". These are cute, cuddly stuffed bears which we donate to police and fire depts for them to carry around in their vehicles and provide to children who may find themselves in traumatic situations. A fairly large amount of time making these bears are in the cutting out of the bear shape which requires two for each bear. I figure I would try cutting the material in my laser engraver to save time. I am attaching a very rough scan of the bear outline (the whole thing could not fit in my scanner). Wondering if anyone has a similar shaped outline and willing to share?

Thanks.

PAT

Frank Corker
11-22-2006, 6:08 AM
I've done these two for you if they will help

Rick Hutcheson
11-22-2006, 1:49 PM
I traced your bear so the trace should be vector now.50727

Pat Kearney
11-22-2006, 8:28 PM
Hi
I downloaded the files and tried opening them in Corel Draw but nothing showed on the page. Frank I noticed your signature said X3 so I am assuming you did this in X3 and I only have v12 now, maybe that's why I cannot open yours. Is this correct? Rick, would it be the same for yours?

Thanks again.
PAT

Frank Corker
11-22-2006, 9:38 PM
This is in version 12

Rick Hutcheson
11-22-2006, 10:08 PM
The first one was in X3 this is in 12. I added some hugs to go with the bears.

Pat Kearney
11-27-2006, 5:09 PM
Guys this is great. Thank you once again. Looks like I'm going to have to take the plunge and go to X3 very soon.

PAT