PDA

View Full Version : Dover Books

Ray Mighells
11-21-2006, 6:01 PM
I forgot to mention that the Dover book titled Christian Symbols has some very nice designs for all seasons. Some would make some nice inlay challenges and some can be made into Xmas Ornaments. Here's one I modified and cut out in Brazilian Cherry 1/8" thick. Cut cleanly at 7% speed and 90% power in 6 min with my Epilog 35W. On 1/8 Birch I would be able to cut at 12% speed.

Jeff Chumbley
11-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Are the files that you are posting in Corel x3? I only have version 12

Jeff

Keith Outten
11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Ray,

Is there a really detailed cross in the Christians Symbols book? I have been looking for just the right design for a Christian Cross for some time to CNC route and engrave for the children in my family.

I own several of the Dover books and have found their artwork to be very usefull from time to time. Don't post the drawing as I know it has a copywrite, just let me know if the book is worth a look see.

Steve McKee
11-22-2006, 4:23 PM
Keith, have you seen the ones offered by The Wooden Teddy Bear? Not sure of exactly what you are looking for but they do have some fairly elaborate ones, www.woodenteddybearonline.com

Ray Mighells
11-22-2006, 5:17 PM
Keith; this book is well worth the $15. It has 456 permission free designs, many of which I had never seen before. There is a pretty good crucifix plus 4+ pages of different style crosses. If you like the Celtic style, there's a multitude of variations at other places. I have some in woodcarving patterns.