PDA

View Full Version : Sales Items

Ray Mighells
11-21-2006, 4:28 PM
Hi All; I've had pretty good luck with the wall tributes from LazerBuzz but I've added the Persian Gulf, Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi Freedom to the list and a few others. I've also modified the plaques to include 8 different clans of the Seneca Nation of Indians. I'm going to try to attach a file for a veteran plaque that is very popular. I make it on 1/4" thick Black Cherry and give it acouple coats of poly and it sells well for $50.

Leigh Costello
11-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Wow, you have really been busy. How did you modify the patterns to include Seneca Indians? I have Corel v12 so I couldn't open the plaque file. I'm sure it looks great.
Leigh Costello

Ray Mighells
11-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Sorry everybody. I sent that file in X3 and have no idea how to change it to V12. I tried a few things and all I managed to do is change the text to musical symbols. Anyone want to give it a shot? On my coversion of the wall tributes, all I did was delete all the text and enter my own. In the middle section I put SENECA NATION OF INDIANS and around the bottom KEEPERS OF THE WESTERN DOOR. For the center I vector the clan symbol and clan name. Then I raster the clan symbol and vector cut it out and glue it to the outline. I use black cherry for this because I like the way it rasters. Great color blends and I have a lot of it. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Mike Null
11-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Ray:

When you want to attach a cdr file here it is best to save it at least in version 11 if not 9. That way just about everybody can open it.

To do that, when you save your file the window that pops up has a drop down box where you can select the version you want to save the file in. Make your selection and send the file.

If you open the file again CDR will save it automatically as a version X3 unless you again select an earlier version.

Ray Mighells
11-23-2006, 3:47 PM
I have only V12 and X3, so I'm going to try sending a Photo of the plaque. The text is the most important part of this project. It is a very good poem. The framing is clip art from X3. It's not that great, but has a kind of patriotic flavor. On changing the wall tributes, I just deleted the text and entered new text. In the text ring I entered SENECA NATION OF INDIANS on the top and KEEPER OF THE WESTERN DOOR. In the center I vectored an outline of a clan symbol and the clan name. Then I rastered a clan symbol, vector cut it and glued it over the outline in the center piece. I use Black Cherry for the symbol because I like the color effect and also because I have a lot of it.
PS: The photo is 150KB so it won't upload. I could ZIP it but it would be a pain to open. I reduced the photo from 3.5MB. Does anyone know how I can shrink it more?

Robin Lake
11-23-2006, 4:26 PM
Does anyone know how I can shrink it [a photo] more?

Ray, et all --

Here is a very nice little program (http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm) that will let you manipulate photos quite easily.

If you go to this page, be sure to take a look at the home page, and look around for some other things that might be of use to you.

Robin