PDA

View Full Version : PDF/Corel 12 Issues

Joe Pelonio
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I have a customer that brought in some files to print that are so big they had to be saved on DVD's, average about 110MB each. They contain a photo scanned at 600dpi and a lot of text. When I try to import into
Corel 12 I get the message "corrupted file". I can open them just fine in Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 and can print to the laser that way. I have one of them engraving now on waste stock just to see if it remains the correct size before using their supplied material. The only problem is that I can do nothing to alter the files if they are not perfectly ready to go as provided.

Could this be due to their having been created in AI CS2? In other words, are CS2 pdf's also impossible to open in Corel?

Bob Tate
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I do not think that would be the problem. I work primarily in Ill CS2 but can open the CS2 PDF's in Corel 12 with no problem.

Joe Pelonio
11-21-2006, 1:03 PM
Then maybe they just messed up. As it turns out the pdf's are actual size and the one I ran looks good so hopefully the other 24 will be the same.
Never knew I could laser from Acrobat Reader so I did learn something.

Bob Tate
11-21-2006, 2:39 PM
Acrobat PDF has really come a long way. We routinely image files at 2450 dpi and 145 lpi from PDF's. They come out excellent. The print world is moving that way almost exclusively.

Gary Gilbert
12-06-2006, 8:40 PM
Although I dno't have a specific answer, note that CS2 default PDF format is not the newest. Or, if it is set to the newest, Corel 12 might not open that. I believe they are up to version 6 now.
Did you know there is alos 3-D PDFs?
We export them from SolidWorks for people to review.