PDA

View Full Version : Mitre Saw stop ideas

Joe Trotter
11-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello,
I am new here and have a project question. Have any of you built your own mitre saw fence and stops? I have looked at the Kreg fence but it is out of reach for now. I want to add a removavle fence and a sliding stop to my newly created mitre saw bench. If any of you have any input and / or pictures I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Joe

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/5629station.JPG

Bryan Somers
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
First off welcome to the creek Joe you will find some very helpfull folks here. ShopNotes (vol14 issue 82) has plans for a setup similar to what your asking and I'm hoping to build somthing similar some day.

glenn bradley
11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Bryan's got it. The Shopnotes fence is one of the nicest shop-builts I've seen. There is still some $$$ involved for the t-track, etc. but to build one without extrusions is just as much work and would require a quality of lumber that will exceed the cost of the aluminum. IMHO.

Joe Trotter
11-21-2006, 8:35 PM
How do I get a issue of that, is it older?

Anyone have any other advice?

Thanks, Joe

Ted Baca
11-21-2006, 8:46 PM
Another idea is the Rousseau system you can buy the railes from them I have been very happy with mine. On the shopnotes system if you can't find a copy of the plans let me know I have all the issues.

Joe Trotter
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks Ted, I sent you a PM.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or pictures on a homeade fence and stops for a mitre saw?

Thanks, Joe

Bruce Wrenn
11-22-2006, 11:56 PM
NYW did a series on the Miter Saw Bench, which include a set of shop made rails and stops. It's a simple system that works well. I have video, so pm me if you have questions that could be answered from video.

Joe Trotter
11-23-2006, 9:43 PM
Thanks for the offer Bruce. I have something in the mail from another member so I am going to take a look at it first. :)

I pulled apart an old aluminum framed patio door today to build a solar collecter. As I pulled off the 6'4" piece of extrusion a light went on and the marbles started rolling. I may have a fence already.

Joe