PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
10-31-2003, 8:47 AM
Happy Halloween!

If you survive the ghosts and goblins tonight, what have you planned for the weekend? Any shop time? Starting any new projects?

LOML's sister and b-i-l are coming in tonight and staying the weekend, so my shop time will be limited. They are all, however, going on a 40 mile bicycle ride tomorrow, so I should get 3 or 4 hours of shop time out of that. I have gotten a good start on Christmas projects this week and if I can keep a little momentum, I should actually be done by Christmas.

Have a spook-tacular Halloween and a great weekend,

Bob

Alan Turner
10-31-2003, 9:28 AM
Happy Halloween!

If you survive the ghosts and goblins tonight, what have you planned for the weekend? Any shop time? Starting any new projects?

LOML's sister and b-i-l are coming in tonight and staying the weekend, so my shop time will be limited. They are all, however, going on a 40 mile bicycle ride tomorrow, so I should get 3 or 4 hours of shop time out of that. I have gotten a good start on Christmas projects this week and if I can keep a little momentum, I should actually be done by Christmas.

Have a spook-tacular Halloween and a great weekend,

Bob
I hope to finish, and begin finishing, a mahogany and lacewood Queen Anne table with drawer. Put the first coat of finish on the top this morning (BLO, for the grain). Need to turn an ebony knob. I have never turned ebony before, so this should be interesting. A turner I an not, notwithstanding my name. And need to finish sanding the legs. They are cabriole legs, with slipper feet. I couldn't do all of the sanding before assembly since there are knee blocks on this piece. Perhaps a pix on Monday if it goes well.
Alan
Alan

Mike Evertsen
10-31-2003, 9:36 AM
working on a couple small cabinets for my mom,,,raking leaves,,,,running a satilite cable,,watching football sunday,,,,

Jim Becker
10-31-2003, 9:41 AM
An eclectic weekend ensues...cleaning the house tonight in preparation for visitors tomorrow, including a precocious three-year-old; said visit tomorrow (I'll be lucky to get any shop time) and the Woodworks 2003 show in Ft Washington PA on Sunday. The latter will be fun, but work, too...a large hunk of iron is coming home to my shop on my friend Russ's lift-gate truck. Unfortunately, there will be a whole store full of Jet, Delta and PM equipment on that truck, too, of which I'll be helping to load and unload before my new toy gets to it's new home...gloat to follow.

Aaron Montgomery
10-31-2003, 1:18 PM
I'm still working on getting the shop fully up and running. I'm hoping to spend some time this weekend getting air plumbed from the garage to the shop. More likely than not, I'll simply make some progress toward that end.

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-31-2003, 5:32 PM
Ah, the weekend is FINALLY here! I plan on some shop time, yard work, and Sunday, I will be attending the 33rd Annual Midwestern Woodcarvers Show in Belleville, Illinois. Belleville is just a few clicks East of St. Louis. This show is a great event, even for those woodworkers that don't carve.................such as I. They have Carving Demo's, Whittlin' Contest and many raffles and attendance prizes. This show is billed as the oldest continuous running Wood Carving Show in the Nation. They have over 300 tables, many big tool suppliers are there also. Many varieties of wood are also available. Carvings, from life sized to tiny are on display. Hopefully, I can find a few things to follow me home! :D I may take the Digital Camera and take a few shots to post here. ;)

Todd Burch
10-31-2003, 5:39 PM
I have 13 Mahogany picture frames to put together for a local church. Plus, the big study job I've been waiting on is starting to pick up again, so some cabinets need to get prefinished before assembly. Trestle table parts are all dusty, calling my name to start sanding and painting. Anything else I get done is just a requirement for living on the planet.

Todd.

Terry Hatfield
10-31-2003, 6:04 PM
Going to Ft. Smith tonite for Springdale vs Northside. Then, up to Springfield tomorrow for Payton's scholarship visit at Southwest Missouri. Everyone wish him luck. Wish me luck too, someone besides me paying for his college would be a very good thing. :D :D :D

Oh ya...going to try and stop by Grizz and pick up a 17" bandsaw while we are there. :D

Everyone have a safe one.

Terry

Steve Clardy
10-31-2003, 6:11 PM
Still staircasing. What can I say. Never ending job this one is. Have to get some done on it as I need to start a set of kitchen cabs Monday, due to install the 15th Nov.
Plus, maybe breath some so I can keep going. Steve

John Miliunas
10-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Hopefully pick up our "new" used car tomorrow. LOML wants us to go to a local lumberyard "overstock auction", mainly in hopes of finding a countertop for her laundry room. Possibly install said countertop and the upper cabinets. Install garbage disposal. Install new antenna for TV. With any luck, my friend and I will manage to get the new BW 10LTS off my trailer and in position, so that I can spend the following two days (or so) setting it up. Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

Dave Anderson NH
11-01-2003, 7:35 AM
I took yesterday off and will be taking Monday and Tuesday off from work. That's the good news. The hard part is ripping up all of the carpeting and padding in every room on the first floor of the house along with the vinyl floor in the kitchen and its luan underlay. I have stacks of boxes of prefinished 3 1/4" wide red oak flooring sitting in the living room. Yesterday I almost finished the back half of my living room and by the end of the day my back and knees were really in tough shape. The up side is that it is coming out well and SWMBO is very pleased which means major, major, major brownie points. Being overweight, out of shape, and almost 55 means that when I woke up this morning it took me very little time to count the places where I WASN'T sore. While this is sort of woodworking, it sure isn't something I will ever want to do again. It's tedious, boring, and not very enjoyable.

Ken Salisbury
11-01-2003, 9:45 AM
I plan on doing something like this :D

Jim Becker
11-01-2003, 10:33 AM
I plan on doing something like this

You mean your taping a Bud Light commercial?? Wow!! A new spokes-model is born... :D

Todd Burch
11-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Ken, that one on the left sure has a big Adam's apple. Hummm...

Mike Evertsen
11-01-2003, 8:28 PM
Ken I have dreams something like that too,,,,,,