PDA

View Full Version : Wixey Customer Support

Cliff Polubinsky
11-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I've had one of the Wixey Planer Height Gauges for a while. Even though their advertising states battery life to be around 6 months, I've never gotten more than about a month.

Yesterday I decided to send an email to Customer Service asking if there was anything I could do to increase battery life, or failing that, what repairs would cost. When I came home from work today there was an email from Barry Wixey apologizing for the problem and explaining that it had been caused by a production change at the factory that they hadn't been informed about. Then he offered to replace the unit. No hoops to jump through. No 'sorry you're past the warranty.' Just send me your address and I'll ship it out.

There are many posts on this forum complaining about lousy service. It seems that bad service has become the norm. I feel that a company that stands behind their products and goes the extra mile to satisfy a customer deserves some notice and credit. There's darn few left.

Cliff

Steven J Corpstein
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
They replaced it, no questions asked. I can tolerate a lemon or 2, especially when they stand behind their products with good support like Wixey does. My impressions of them so far is stellar.

Gary Keedwell
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Glad to hear that. I got their angle gage the other day and received a spare battery with it. Wonder how long before I need it. lol
Gary K.

Doug Shepard
11-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Good to know. Their angle thingy was something I was considering putting on my Christmas list.

Rob Bodenschatz
11-21-2006, 12:53 AM
That's great news. I'm gonna buy both the angle thingy and the planer guage.

Rich Torino
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I've had a couple of phone conversations with Barry and find him to be extremely helpful and professional. I have thier angle guage and the table saw fence digital readout for my 1023 Grizzly.