PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley delivers ... (pics)

Walt Caza
11-20-2006, 7:45 PM
Good Day All,
I needed a mood lifter, and LV delivered !

-#49 patternmaker's rasp (gonna try Cabriolet legs this winter)
-3/8" German mortise chisel (want to learn to hand chop'em)
-saddle square (wish I had this handy tool yrs ago)
-a set of six 6" self-cleaning blast gates for d/c (no jammed sliders ?)

It is awesome to receive these boxes. If you find yourself needing a mood
lifter, I suggest you order up a little spend therapy !
Life is too short not to shop Lee Valley.
(not affiliated, but wish I was ...)

surely you deserve it,
Walt

Jim Becker
11-20-2006, 8:03 PM
Congrats on the new stuff, Walt!

Yes, Lee Valley does deliver quick...there have been a few times I've gotten "next day" and usually the day after I order since they ship from NY state and I'm in PA.

Peter Stahl
11-20-2006, 8:41 PM
Nice score Walt. Question: What's a saddle square used for?

Walt Caza
11-20-2006, 8:52 PM
Hi Peter,
Have you ever needed a clean line around a corner?
A saddle square allows you to mark a line on two adjacent faces without
moving the square. I have not had it long, but already I find myself
reaching for it.
I do wish, however, that I had purchased the larger version !
Hindsight, as they say, is 20/20 ...
Take it easy,
Walt

Brian Knodel
11-20-2006, 9:16 PM
I hear ya … I ‘mood lift’ way too often. No cure I hear.

Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-20-2006, 11:10 PM
LOL It works for me, too! I just love pulling into the driveway and seeing the box waiting for me on the stoop. I even like LV better then LL Bean.

Gary K.

glenn bradley
11-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Good deal Walt. I totally agree on the saddle square; inexpensive and yet priceless. Where were these things all those times I needed one?

Mike Shauer
11-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Walt, You could send the small saddle square back they will give your money back if not completely satisfied..Just ask them to send the bigger one and of course pay the difference. There are no better people to deal with than Mr. Lee and his fine staff.

Dan Lee
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Nice haul there. I think you will really like that rasp. I bought the 49 and 50 a while back for some curved work. It was my first time using a high quality rasp and was amazed how well they work. Fun stuff making these little discoveries.

Paul Dombroski
11-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Walt, You could send the small saddle square back they will give your money back if not completely satisfied..Just ask them to send the bigger one and of course pay the difference. There are no better people to deal with than Mr. Lee and his fine staff.

Lee Valley is the best company I have dealt with in a long time. Never a disappointment with any order.

Kristian Wild
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I love my LV saddle square!!!! Of all the things I've bought from them over the years it is the simplest and the one I use most. Every time I have to chase a square line around a few corners I think "how did I get by without this?".