PDA

View Full Version : Got a little turning done today

Keith Christopher
11-20-2006, 1:47 AM
Not much but finished up some acrylics I needed to make for a customer. I didn't get good pics of the others but here is the only one left to pickup.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/pens/funkyacryl.jpg

BTW I HATE acrylics, I seem to crack more than I finish. :p

Mark Pruitt
11-21-2006, 8:47 PM
Very nice job Keith. I like it!

Andrew Eggleston
11-21-2006, 9:36 PM
Very Nice job. I'm looking forward to seeing the vanilla bean pen when you get the process perfected.

Bernie Weishapl
11-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey Keith that is a beauty. I really like the color and finish. Nice job.

Corey Hallagan
11-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Nice job Kieth as usual. Nice looking resin pen, never turned one myself.

Corey

Gary DeWitt
11-22-2006, 2:23 AM
Andrew - Vanilla bean? That would make an expensive blank! One bean sells for $9 at my local market.

Keith - Are you heating up the plastic too much during finishing? What's causing the cracking?

Keith Christopher
11-22-2006, 7:19 AM
Andrew - Vanilla bean? That would make an expensive blank! One bean sells for $9 at my local market.

Keith - Are you heating up the plastic too much during finishing? What's causing the cracking?

All,

Thanks for the comments !

Gary,

No it seems I always seem to get a catch on these. I don't know why I just always do. When I finish I use wet micromesh so heat is rarely the problem.

Well I have about 900$ in vanilla beans sitting in my house. I'm lucky enough to have a brother who dropped off about 900 beans to me. I am casting the pen blanks this weekend and I'll post when done (well if they are presentable. :)

Keith

Brett Baldwin
11-22-2006, 1:25 PM
That's quite a mixture of colors in that. For being so varied in color it comes out as relatively subdued to me. Did you cast these yourself or that just going to be the bean blanks?

Keith Christopher
11-22-2006, 5:49 PM
That's quite a mixture of colors in that. For being so varied in color it comes out as relatively subdued to me. Did you cast these yourself or that just going to be the bean blanks?

Brett,

I did not cast this one myself. The subdued-ness (yeah a new word) comes from the fact my photography skills are not nearly as refined as my turning skills. :D

Keith