PDA

View Full Version : All Mine

Tyler Howell
11-19-2006, 8:27 PM
and the banks:o .
I took possession of this great new Garagemahal. on Friday:cool: :cool: .
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=46677&d=1158014361

Built by a tradesman for himself.
30'X60
10 ft ceilings,
8" slab, insulated sealed course of block.
15 years old
2x6 construction weather tight.
Gas furnace and Wood stove
200 amp service.
They left this old Cman behind
Hot and cold running water.
With in walking distances of the largest lake in the USA.They threw in a house, barn and 5.6 acres on a wooded lot too:D :D .
Think I'm going to be real pleased here;) .

Got a chance to hang with creeker Rick Schubert. He graciously put me up while I was shopping for this place.

Jim DeLaney
11-19-2006, 8:45 PM
Congrats! Nice shop, with 'incidental' house and barn included...:D

Any good wood on the lot? Maybe time to invest in a Woodmizer too, huh?

Matt Meiser
11-19-2006, 8:52 PM
Cool shop! Better invest in a lighting manufacturer though. :D

Dave Richards
11-19-2006, 8:54 PM
Nice! I think that saw looks kind of lonely though.

Bruce Page
11-19-2006, 9:05 PM
30X60:eek: !
I can only dream of a shop like that! I can't wait to see how you fill it out.

Congrats!!

Joe Mioux
11-19-2006, 9:07 PM
Tyler

A big congratualtions!!!

What a great shop.

There is room for cman and the Gold stuff!

Again, congrats on the new house and workshop. Enjoy it all!

Joe

Jim Becker
11-19-2006, 9:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, TYLER!!!

Wow...whata space!!! Room for the shop AND the new tractor!! :D :D :D

Al Willits
11-19-2006, 9:49 PM
Definetly a major gloatism Tyler, whoa! nice shop and a outbuilding next to it where you can crash at night...gotta be smilin'

Water heater looks like it vented with a Tee, usually a wye saddle is used, keep an eye on it that it vents well.

Have fun...and of course.....pictures

Al

Steve Clardy
11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Congrats Tyler. You deserve it :D

Tom Hamilton
11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Let's see if I've got this correct: 30X60 Shop, house, barn, walking access to a lake. Sounds like to GLOAT of the year, or maybe decade.

Congrats. You will have so much fun fitting out your shop and we will have so much fun following along...pics you know!

All the best in the new shop, barn, house, and nearby lake.

TJH, in Houston, thinking TJH in Minneapolis is going to have a wonderful winter.

Anthony Anderson
11-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Congratulations Tyler, I am green with envy. Let's see that's about 2400 square feet, compared to my 350 square feet. You wouldn't happen to have enough space for a spare bedroom in that garage would you:o :) ? WOW! that is some garage/workshop. Keep the pictures coming, as you move everything in and get it set up. Regards, Bill

Jim O'Dell
11-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Congrats Tyler!! Well, since we don't get to read about a "Tyler's building a shop" progress thread, are you going to at least have a "Tylers shop decoration" thread? :D :D Glad they had a built in house warming present for you with that shop. Oh, and the C'Man TS left over??? that's so you would know what was supposed to go in that building!! :eek: :D :D Jim.

Jerry Olexa
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Tyler, Congratulations!!!! WOW, lots of space...you could live in there. Great FIND. NOW LOTS OF TOOLS AND PICS!!!:) :D

Bart Leetch
11-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Tyler

Now your stealing lines from Daffy Duck Mine Mine all Mine.

Congratulations Daffy Tyler.

Gary Herrmann
11-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Congrats Tyler. 1800 sq ft above ground. Wow, I'm envious. Post pics when you fill er up.

Mark Rios
11-20-2006, 12:35 AM
That's just awesome Tyler. Huge congrats to you.

You definately da (shop) man.:D :D :D

John Schreiber
11-20-2006, 1:38 AM
Congratulations.

Sometimes it all comes together and this time it did. Enjoy.

Dave Anderson NH
11-20-2006, 7:03 AM
Geesh Tyler, My house is only a few hundred square feet larger than that garage. From the looks of the emptiness, you have some really fun work ahead of you. Congratulations and just remember, you can't do it all in one weekend.:D

Rob Russell
11-20-2006, 7:41 AM
Geesh Tyler, My house is only a few hundred square feet larger than that garage. From the looks of the emptiness, you have some really fun work ahead of you. Congratulations and just remember, you can't do it all in one weekend.:D

Tyler's new shop is larger than our house, if you count the basic house without the addition we put on a few years ago.

Congrats on the new digs. 30 x 60. Wow. I could close off a 30x20 slice across an end for cars and still coming close to doubling the shop space I have and that's not even talking about head room.

I do remember reading an article written by a guy who ended up with a huge barn for a shop. He said that it wasn't his best shop because the space allowed him to just toss the machinery and workbenches in. You've probably got it all figured out as to how you're going to turn that into a really well-organized shop!

Tyler - congrats again!

Rob

Rennie Heuer
11-20-2006, 7:50 AM
Super cool, super big, super gloat. That's 50% larger than my home! Five times larger than my shop!

Congratulations!

Dick Parr
11-20-2006, 8:00 AM
Congrats Tyler, couldn't happen for a nicer guy. :D

Art Mulder
11-20-2006, 9:40 AM
30x60. :eek:

My kids would love to strap on their rollerblades and enjoy that big empty space. What does the barn look like?

This is a stand-alone building, right? I'm just puzzling over the HWH and the TWO laundry sinks.

Karl Laustrup
11-20-2006, 9:41 AM
Congrats Tyler. :D That really looks like a dream retirement home. How many days? Gonna have to get up and see that place in person.

Karl

Tony Sade
11-20-2006, 9:43 AM
I've heard the expression applied to tools, but doesn't this deserve a rather major

YOU SUCK!

Nice score-puts my 160 SF garage shop to shame. Enjoy!!

Frank Chaffee
11-20-2006, 1:08 PM
Without a Creeker for a neighbor that would have been a really lame gloat.;)

Congrats Tyler, and Dick Parr already beat me to it in saying that it “couldn’t happen to a nicer guy”.

Enjoy,:)
Frank Chaffee

Dennis Peacock
11-20-2006, 1:23 PM
Congrats Tyler!!!!

Dave Ray
11-20-2006, 1:33 PM
I am happy for you Tyler....looking forward to pic's as you fill the space. This has got to be the gloat of gloats....WOW!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-20-2006, 1:44 PM
Congrats Tyler!

BTW.......Having worked with FAA maintenance personnel I can assure anyone that Tyler WILL do something about the lighting!

Keith Outten
11-20-2006, 1:57 PM
OhoooooooooWEE...........

Tyler your gonna need a golf cart to get from one end of your shop to the other :)

Congratulations,
Keith

David Wilson
11-20-2006, 2:32 PM
OhoooooooooWEE...........

Tyler your gonna need a golf cart to get from one end of your shop to the other :)

Congratulations,
Keith

How about a segway. Congrats Tyler. We might have to visit next summer. 1 question, is there room to build a sailboat?

Dan Mages
11-20-2006, 8:36 PM
I think that shop is bigger than Norms!! Nice job!

Dan

Brett Baldwin
11-20-2006, 8:52 PM
Holy cow... you got all that when you bought that tired old craftman saw? I want you to negotiate my next major purchase!

Congrats Tyler. I'll looking forward to many, many pictures of the filling up of massive space and the large projects that come out of it.

Doug Shepard
11-20-2006, 8:59 PM
Are you sure you bought a garage? That looks like an airplane hanger. Now you're just going to have to buy more tools to fill that monster up.

Charles McKinley
11-21-2006, 1:37 AM
Nice Digs Tyler,

You can even cook on the heating system! Move in a fridge and a cot and you are good to go.

Robert Mickley
11-21-2006, 6:55 AM
Holy cow... you got all that when you bought that tired old craftman saw? I want you to negotiate my next major purchase!

Congrats Tyler. I'll looking forward to many, many pictures of the filling up of massive space and the large projects that come out of it.

I bet that was hte most expensive saw ever !!!!

Way to go Tyler

Tyler Howell
11-21-2006, 9:14 AM
30x60. :eek:

My kids would love to strap on their rollerblades and enjoy that big empty space. What does the barn look like?

This is a stand-alone building, right? I'm just puzzling over the HWH and the TWO laundry sinks.

I tried out the roller blades on Sun. (only place in town, the rest is all rock)
H&C running water for clean up after the work out. Next is a shower.;)

Tyler Howell
11-21-2006, 9:17 AM
How about a segway. Congrats Tyler. We might have to visit next summer. 1 question, is there room to build a sailboat?
A Kayaka is the first on my list for projects Dave. I'll be PMing you for details.
TJH

Eddie Watkins
11-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Congratulations Tyler! It looks like you are positioning yourself for retirement to me.;) LOML and I looked at a house the last weekend that had a 30x40 shop and I thought it looked pretty big. I can't remember what the house looked like:o

Eddie

Tyler Howell
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Tyler! It looks like you are positioning yourself for retirement to me.;) LOML and I looked at a house the last weekend that had a 30x40 shop and I thought it looked pretty big. I can't remember what the house looked like:o

Eddie
467days 16 hrs and 46 mins more Eddie.
But know bodies counting.
TJH

Mark Singer
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Tyler....Congradulations!!!!

John Miliunas
11-22-2006, 2:55 PM
Wow, dude! You could fit two of my shops in there! Congrats and have PHUN!!! :) :cool:

Boyd Gathwright
12-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi Tyler,
.... Very nice indeed. You have joined the big leaguers now :).

Boyd

and the banks:o .
I took possession of this great new Garagemahal. on Friday:cool: :cool: .
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=46677&d=1158014361
Built by a tradesman for himself.
30'X60
10 ft ceilings,
8" slab, insulated sealed course of block.
15 years old
2x6 construction weather tight.
Gas furnace and Wood stove
200 amp service.
They left this old Cman behind
Hot and cold running water.
With in walking distances of the largest lake in the USA.They threw in a house, barn and 5.6 acres on a wooded lot too:D :D .
Think I'm going to be real pleased here;) .

Got a chance to hang with creeker Rick Schubert. He graciously put me up while I was shopping for this place.

Eddie Watkins
12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Congratulations, Tyler! What a nice shop!

Eddie

Jerry White
12-19-2006, 1:16 PM
Man, Tyler, I've never heard of anything like that on the market. You must have had a realtor reallly looking out for you or your timing was just right in finding that shop. And they threw in a house too! A belated congratulations to you.

Jerry

Dave Fifield
12-19-2006, 6:26 PM
WOW!! Nice find Tyler. How about some pics of the house, barn and land, eh?

:Dave F.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
12-20-2006, 7:45 PM
Dang, Tyler. You know I'm not supposed to envy anyone. A truly wonderful layout. Hope your retirement years are top notch, every one of them.

Lou Morrissette
12-20-2006, 8:17 PM
Tyler,
The only thing missing is a GPS to find your way around the place.:rolleyes: :D
Great looking digs. Congrats and good luck.

Lou

Tom Hamilton
12-20-2006, 8:23 PM
What a wonderful Christmas Present, TJH. I hope you sent Santa Claus your new ZIP code, the one just for your shop!

Merry Christmas, TJH, in Houston, thinking his 360 sq ft doesn't quite measure up to the TJH in MN.