PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Wallpaper

Peter Stahl
11-18-2006, 8:48 PM
Can someone tell me where the wallpaper for your desktop in Win XP is saved when you right click on a picture and do a Set As Wallpaper... Some wallpaper files are in the C:\Windows directory and the rest are in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper directory but the one you save with the right mouse click is called Internet Explorer Wallpaper and I did a search for it and got nothing. I want to save this picture but can't find out where it's stored.

thanks, Pete

Robert E Lee
11-19-2006, 2:34 AM
You might try right click on the desktop then themes tap. Then the little arrow under theme.
bob

Kurt Strandberg
11-19-2006, 9:42 AM
Go to Windows Explorer and you should find it in the windows directory as

Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp

Peter Stahl
11-19-2006, 7:20 PM
You might try right click on the desktop then themes tap. Then the little arrow under theme.
bob

Not sure what you're talking about. I don't see anything like that when I right click on the desktop.

Peter Stahl
11-19-2006, 7:25 PM
Go to Windows Explorer and you should find it in the windows directory as

Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp

Kurt, I looked there, doesn't live there with Windows XP. I finally found it in C:\Documents and Settings\HPU1\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer directory. The only way you can see the Application Data directory is to set hidden file/folders so they can be see using Windows Explorer

Thanks Kurt and Bob for you replies!

Robert E Lee
11-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Peter, I am sorry, I left out after right click on desktop then click properties, .I am glad that you found it
Bob