PDA

View Full Version : Rockler plate for Milwaukee 5625 ?

Randy Mack
11-18-2006, 7:05 PM
Is anyone using Rockler's larger router plate with the Milwaukee 5625? And, since Rockler does not designate a pre-drilled plate for the 5625 is there one that has a compatible hole pattern? I don't have the 5625 yet but wondered if it had a hole pattern matching a PC 690.

Allen Bookout
11-18-2006, 7:19 PM
Woodpeckers has plates predrilled for the 5625. I have the aluminum one and although it is a little expensive it is excellent.

glenn bradley
11-18-2006, 8:01 PM
The sizes are different and this has caused me to re-think things now and again. I had drilled my own blank Rockler plate for a different router that I still use. With the 5625's power and weight I decided to let a pro do the job. A local machine shop did it for $15 -20 ( I don't recall exactly) using the factory plate as a model. Their CNC machine did a beautiful job and I feel it was money well spent. After I had it done, including a hole for the above the table adjustment wrench, fellow Creeker C. Peter pointed out that I should have rotate the pattern 45* as my adjustment hole can end up very close to the fence the way I had it done. When picking your position find the angle that allows you easy access to the controls underneath and positions the above the table access hole away from the fence.

CPeter James
11-18-2006, 8:36 PM
You will like this router. I have a rockler router switch that allows me to turn the router on and off from the front of the table. Last weekend I talked with the Milwaukee factory rep about troubles with the router mounted switch and he was unaware of a trouble history on it. Mine had bothered for awhile, but a good spraying with John Deere contact cleaner cleared it up. Also, from time to time when you have the router out to change bits, blow out the adjustment screw and the "nut" that it goes into. It will collect a little dust and can jump a thread. Not a big issue, but a heads up. Mine has many hours of use and other that the switch, no problems.

As mentioned, check the location of the hole for the adjuster before you drill.
CPeter

Allen Bookout
11-18-2006, 8:55 PM
I have a rockler router switch that allows me to turn the router on and off from the front of the table.
CPeter
Along those same lines, I mounted a foot operated on/off sw that I bought from MLCS at knee level and turn it on and off with my knee leaving both hands free. I have not run across the switch problem but I rarely use it, if ever.

scott spencer
11-19-2006, 7:39 AM
This is a slippery slope b/c I could be absolutely wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the 5625 has the same hole pattern as the 7518....can anyone confirm or deny?

Allen Bookout
11-19-2006, 9:29 AM
This is a slippery slope b/c I could be absolutely wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the 5625 has the same hole pattern as the 7518....can anyone confirm or deny?
I have heard that also but the difference would be that the 7518 predrilled plate might not have the hole for the above table adjustment wrench that the 5625 uses. You could always drill one but why bother if you can buy one that is correctly predrilled?

On the other hand if you could confirm that the 7518 plate has the extra hole and the same pattern as the 5625 there would be no problem. In that case it would probably list both models anyway.