PDA

View Full Version : Glueing

Andrew Melamed
11-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Are you supposed to glue every project and then nail it or just nail it? Is Titebond II a good glue? Ive been building the sets for te school play with my shop teacher and we glued just about everything. The sets were pine 1x3's maybe and we layed out the frames then glued a small piece in each connection then nailed it down. Im not sure if it was because of using crosspieces or if your supposed to glue everything.

David Klug
11-18-2006, 1:05 PM
Andrew the only reason I would nail a glue up is if I didn't want to use clamps.

DK

Charlie Plesums
11-18-2006, 1:10 PM
Agree with nails to avoid clamping until the glue dries.

Titebond II is a water resistant wood glue. Regular titebond or Elmer's Carpenter's glue is easier to clean up with water but basically the same strength. Almost nothing will glue end grain very well, but yellow wood glue will glue the edges or faces of tight wood-to-wood joints to be stronger than the wood.

Doug Shepard
11-18-2006, 2:49 PM
What's a nail??:confused:

John Miliunas
11-18-2006, 3:02 PM
What's a nail??:confused:

Unless you've had some unfortunate accident, you should have ten of them on your hand, as well as on your feet. They'd be located on the top part, at the end of your fingers and toes. That would be a total of 20. If you don't have the ten on your hands, you may want to consider a hobby other than WW to occupy your time! :D (Sorry guys...Couldn't resist.) :o :) :cool:

Doug Shepard
11-18-2006, 3:05 PM
Unless you've had some unfortunate accident, you should have ten of them on your hand, as well as on your feet. They'd be located on the top part, at the end of your fingers and toes. That would be a total of 20. If you don't have the ten on your hands, you may want to consider a hobby other than WW to occupy your time! :D (Sorry guys...Couldn't resist.) :o :) :cool:

Ask a stooopid question and I get a ....:D