PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Andrew Melamed
11-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Hello, Im new to the forum and new to woodworking. Im 14 and I do a lot of metal working. I have a craftsman 10 inch table saw at the moment but im getting a bunch of "low quality" tools for christmas. I want to make some small wood projetcs for fun. Im going to need some help along the way though:p

Mike Heidrick
11-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Welcome Andrew. Glad you joined. I am new to the creek as well. Let us know what info you need and we will be glad to answer if we can.

John Bailey
11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Welcome Andrew,

Hope you enjoy the Creek. Don't worry about the "low quality" tools. I'm just a little older than you (like 42 yrs.) and I used pretty much, what most folks would call, low quality tools till 3 - 4 yrs. ago. Remember the quality in the project comes from the person, not the tool.

John

Dan Lee
11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Welcome
Im new here also I think you will find this a great resource and a great bunch of folks
Dan

Allen Bookout
11-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Andrew,

It is great to have new, young blood here. I am looking forward to some new insights from you. Starting at your age you will be a master craftsman at a much younger age than most of us were when we were just average. Just like eveything else, the younger that you are when you start the better you will be.

Allen

Andrew Melamed
11-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Im getting mostly northen tools and harbor frieght tools. I would get better quality buy i just spent $1000 on a miller welder in september. So for christmas im trying to get a chop saw, scroll saw, bandsaw,small compressor, nail/staple gun, maybe a dust collector and a belt sander.