PDA

View Full Version : forecast is for rain/snow this weekend...

Ned Bulken
11-17-2006, 6:14 PM
Think the wife will 'mind' if I set up my scrollsaw in the living room so I can get some scrolling done? :eek:

Mark Rios
11-17-2006, 6:21 PM
Last winter I HAD to do some door assembly and prep for hanging, drilling for hardware and such, so I threw a big painters tarp down, covered the rest of the furnishings, moved everything out of the way and made myself a temp assembly area while it rained. It was up for two days and I was able to work late at night and early in the morning as well without bothering my tenants. :D

Go ahead and do it. Then surprise her by taking her out for an ice cream date.;) ;) ;)

glenn bradley
11-17-2006, 8:10 PM
Thanksgiving is on the way and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt . . . . sorry, that was cruel.

Ned Bulken
11-17-2006, 8:42 PM
climate is what you expect, weather is what you get.

I happen to have a blue tarp, and a decent home vacuum, so I think I'll mention it to her and then set it up, and make some smallish sawdust.

Jim DeLaney
11-17-2006, 9:28 PM
Think the wife will 'mind' if I set up my scrollsaw in the living room so I can get some scrolling done? :eek:

Ned,
As I recall, she's a relatively 'new' wife, so I'd try to break her in right.

Sure the scroll saw belongs in the living room! So does the Jet mini lathe.

A clamp-on vise for the dining room table is also a routine accessory, so you can bring the planes in and work during the evening!

Woodcarving while sitting on the living room sofa is also commonplace.

She should be happy for all the togetherness and sharing. Speaking of sharing, she can share in the enjoyment by helping sweep up the shavings and sawdust...

My only regret is that I didn't start my wife out that way. And after forty years of marriage, I think it's too late to start now. I'd never get away with it!

glenn bradley
11-17-2006, 9:39 PM
The WW-ers version of quilting. Quaint togetherness; who could complain?

lou sansone
11-18-2006, 6:20 AM
we have been restoring a home built in ~ 1730 and had to do some major surgery in the living room on one of the main beams (8 x 12 oak) . it had become weakened over the years by previous renovations. Short story is we had to replace it, with another new one. That required chainsawing in the living room. My wife sort of liked the idea and still tells the story with a fond smile.

Lou

Charles McKinley
11-20-2006, 4:58 PM
If your not careful Ned you will be looking for another Scroll saw as she may take over yours!

I also agree with Jim's suggestion to break her in right early. It make life much easier later. :D