PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I've been working on

Matt Bridges
10-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Here are a few of the projects I've done in the past few months. Thought I'd share them with the group.

Picture #1 is a Civil War Cannon cut out of 1/8" baltic birch plywood and framed. It's an 8x10

Picture #2 is a tiger cut out of 1/8" acrylic. The backer is 1/8" baltic birch ply spray painted. Those are the school colors of my wifes school and their mascot is the tiger. This was a give-a-way in a drawing.

Picture #3 is two bucks fighting. It's in a 3/4" thick basswood round which is approx. 11x13

Picture #4 is a clock I made for my wife. The backer is 1/2" padauk and the facing is 1/8" yellowheart

Picture #5 is a pair of wolves cut in a basswood round the same size as the one the deer are cut in.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Matt

Todd Burch
10-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Mighty fine work "Matt the Scroller" (you have to say it outload in a very heavy Arnold Swarzennegger (sp?) accent)!

I think if I ever took up scrolling, I think I would get very good at frisbee throwing - everytime I screwed up a cut!

Thanks for posting! Keep 'em coming. Todd.

Glenn Clabo
10-30-2003, 4:46 AM
Wow Matt...nice work. It's so early I had a little problem "seeing" the wolfs.

Tony Falotico
10-30-2003, 6:02 AM
Comments and criticism are welcome.

Ain't no criticism due, that's mighty fine work Matt. Out of curiosity, what brand scroll saw you using?

Thanks for sharing, and keep the pic's coming.

Terry Quiram
10-30-2003, 7:23 AM
Hi Matt

Glad to see you are still scrolling. Did you attend the TN scrollers picnic this year? The Illinois picnic was about 20 miles from the house and Connie and I went every year. Next year it is moving to Richland Center WI. We have been talking about attending the TN picnic next year and maybe dropping in of the Barbers and checking out their new digs. Nice work. I really like the Tiger.

Terry

Matt Bridges
10-30-2003, 7:43 AM
First let me apologize for the size of the pictures. I shrunk them down in byte size, but there were still fairly large for viewing on the screen. I'll try and work on that for the next post.

Todd - I've only had a couple that I screwed up bad enough they turned into frisbee's LOL The good thing with fretwork (for any that don't know, that where you cut out the holes to create the picture) is that if you get off the line a tad, you can usually fix it and no one will ever know the difference but you.

Tony - I use the yeller DeWalt and love it

Terry - I was at the TN picnic working my rear end off! I still had time to look around though and had a wonderful time meeting all the people that came to the picnic. Dave and Rhonda had me working the hardwoods and blades area of our booth and it kept me hopping. Their 10 year old son brought me a polish sausage and coke and finally at about 2:00 it had slowed down enough I could go get a chair and sit for a few minutes. We were all packed up and gone at about 6 p.m. We won't be having a picnic in 2004, it'll be 2005 for the next one. We host them every other year. We weren't able to make it to the IL picnic, just too far and not enough time. I saw that it was moving to WI which I'm glad it's not ending, but that just makes it furthe and harder for us to get there

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful comments.

Matt