PDA

View Full Version : Bout time I posted

Christopher Hunter
11-15-2006, 11:12 PM
O.K. I got to go to Frank Kobilsek's house last night and I got some great info from him including how to shape the tips on my homemade hollowing tools--
and I tried a mini hollow form tonight and it didn't turn out that great so I will leave a hollow form pic for another time-- But since I have never posted a pic before and I know you all love to see them, I wanted to share one of my favorite pieces to date--
I have been turning for almost 1.5 years and have done quite a few bowls, boxes, plates, game calls and so on like many of you--
but this is the piece that I think I have enjoyed the most...
Critiques welcome !!:eek:
Ash-- 9" dia 3" tall

Joash Boyton
11-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Very nice, what finish?

Great looking,

Joash

Christopher Hunter
11-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Sorry I forgot --
at the time I didn't know really how to finish but I tried about 4 coats of lacquer--
over time the bowl has aged and the darn thing looks bad now, but I still love that piece..

Christopher Hunter
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
And I forgot again---
thank you very much Frank--
You helped me greatly and I can't wait to turn with you again---
that being said thanks to all of you that have helped me thus far
--Chris

Frank Kobilsek
11-16-2006, 8:55 AM
Everyone

I told Chris if he was gonna paddle the Creek he need to post a pic or two once in a while. That may be the most important thing I told him.

Chris, You're welcome in my shop anytime. Tommorrow I'll post a pict of the cherry bowl we started before you left.

Frank

Keith Burns
11-16-2006, 9:37 AM
Great bowl Chris:) :) Frank is one heck of a generous and all around nice guy and your lucky to have him close to you.

Bernie Weishapl
11-16-2006, 9:50 AM
Great looking bowl Chris and sounds like you have a great guy to help you.

Glenn Hodges
11-16-2006, 4:29 PM
Christopher, one way to improve the classic bowl form is to find beautiful wood which will show off the form, which you certinally did with this one. Thanks for letting us see it.

Christopher Hunter
11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
My son is out of school on sick leave today so I thought I would do some turning ---
but so far have not so
thought I would post the other half of the log to the bowl at the top
--Chris