PDA

View Full Version : Met Dave Smith

Scott Greaves
10-29-2003, 7:06 PM
I just love meeting people off this forum!

Dave and his Wife stopped by my place last night. They're on their way back to Washington. They didn't really have a lot of time, but it was GOOD time! Dave showed us a bunch of his turnings. He does such a nice finish! I hope I can get that good on finishing! And he does so many different things. It was great seeing each additional treasure as he pulled it from the box.

Then I got to show him my much smaller collection. He gave me some suggestions on a shape I'm having trouble with, and gave me some clues on my consistent problems with a nice finish and tearout. He got to see the new shop, even though everything is still not hooked up. We had a good time, and they left all too soon! I hope they come back sometime and we can do some turning. He gifted my Wife with a beautiful little candle holder. What a guy!

Thanks for stopping by, Dave. Tell Sandy Hi for us!

Scott.

Steve Jenkins
10-30-2003, 7:43 AM
It is a lot of fun meeting the people we correspond with here. I agree Dave is a really nice gyuy. Maybe you can make it to Sophie's next summer? steve

Bart Leetch
10-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Dave is a great guy & makes real nice turnings. But then he's used to going around in circles. He He.