PDA

View Full Version : Osage orange fruit as spider repellant

Paul Kunkel
10-29-2003, 6:53 PM
Does anyone have some Osage oranges that they would ship me? LOML is pleading with me to find some. I'd gladly pay the shipping and then some. It may be an old wives tale but they're supposed to repel spiders. Thanks :p

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-29-2003, 7:26 PM
Sure Paul, I can send you some "Hedge Balls". My Mom swears by them for keeping insects, especially spiders, out of the basement. I use them also in my basement, and there is an absence of spiders in my house also. We have a good crop this year, as every year! :) I don't want anything for them, and if you would reimburse the shipping, that would be great. These things are a little on the heavy side, so tell me how many you want, and I will send them to you. I have a UPS Shipping account, so when I get them packed and weighed, I can give you an exact amount for shipping. If you told me a few years ago that they would be SELLING these things on the Internet...........I would have personally drove you to the Nut House myself! :D
(PM me, or send me an email at: kgersty@charter.net)

Ace Karner
10-29-2003, 11:37 PM
I've found that "Horse apples" do a real good job of keeping elephants and hippos away too. grin

Gerry Meekins
10-30-2003, 8:02 AM
Around this part of the country the closer to Halloween that you get the more hedge apples you see. Hardly ever see them under a tree though, most are next to mailboxes laying on the ground. Now that they have some value maybe sales of 4x4 posts will go down. LOL

Gerry