PDA

View Full Version : Tractor Supply Co. Customer Service Kudos

Matt Meiser
11-15-2006, 7:25 AM
We stopped into Tractor Supply the other day to get some dog food and a few other items when I noticed the welder I bought about a month ago was marked down $60. I said something to my wife in front of the cashier and the cashier suggested that I call back the next day and talk to the manager. He had me bring in my reciept last night and credited me the difference without batting an eye. Even took care of me personally at a closed register instead of making me wait in line.

Steve Ash
11-15-2006, 7:43 AM
That's good to hear Matt. We have a Tractor Supply here as well and I have nothing but good to say about all their employees and managers. If I have a question, they do their best to get a answer and a price as soon as possible....even by phone if I call in, they call right back.

Jason Roehl
11-15-2006, 8:26 AM
There are a lot of places that do that now, the time period is typically the same as their no-questions-asked return period, like 30 days. It's simple. If they have a return policy, what's to stop you from returning what you purchased, then turning around and buying the same thing at the lower price? By just crediting you the difference, it saves them some man-hours over the above return-rebuy.

Keith Outten
11-15-2006, 9:13 AM
Matt,

There isna't a Tractor Supply in my area, the closest is in Petersburg Virginia which is a bit too far to frequent.

I saw the pics of new pallet forks you built recently, very nice work :)
I have also been building impements for my subcompact tractor lately, I have finished a spike harrow, trash forks and a combination carryall/drag that needs to be painted. I have more projects in the planning stage right now, the next will most likely be done over Thanksgiving Break.

Matt Meiser
11-15-2006, 9:21 AM
I saw the pics of new pallet forks you built recently, very nice work :)
I have also been building impements for my subcompact tractor lately, I have finished a spike harrow, trash forks and a combination carryall/drag that needs to be painted. I have more projects in the planning stage right now, the next will most likely be done over Thanksgiving Break.

Thanks. Checking out other forums, eh? :D Did you see my second project--converting my back blade to work with my John Deere iMatch quick-hitch? Once that's done I'm going to make some brush guards for the front of the tractor. I bent up some of the grill last spring doing some clearing work and want to prevent that from happening again. I also want to do an iMatch conversion on my brush hog.

Jim Becker
11-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Tractor Supply is generally a pretty good outfit. 'Glad to hear they took care of you on the welder, Matt!

As to building implements...I'm considering trying to do that for a 2" hitch receiver contraption. I'm going to need one "soon" once I buy the new "lumber hauler", both to put said hauler into a good storage place on the property that would be less convenient with the Highlander as well as to actually use the larger trailer to move large items around with the Kubota...like the Dogwood tree I need to move.

Oh, I went with the Pat's quick attach setup rather than the two-piece systems. Generally no modification of the attachments is required and the slightly added length to the arms once the parts are installed make for a happier PHD height lift.

Matt Meiser
11-15-2006, 10:26 AM
As to building implements...I'm considering trying to do that for a 2" hitch receiver contraption. I'm going to need one "soon" once I buy the new "lumber hauler", both to put said hauler into a good storage place on the property that would be less convenient with the Highlander as well as to actually use the larger trailer to move large items around with the Kubota...like the Dogwood tree I need to move.

Oh, I went with the Pat's quick attach setup rather than the two-piece systems. Generally no modification of the attachments is required and the slightly added length to the arms once the parts are installed make for a happier PHD height lift.

The iMatch was included with my tractor & box blade so I've stuck with that. I designed and my dad built the reciever hitch deal right after I got the tractor. It was pretty simple and versitile. He also built a frame for a spot sprayer that slips into the reciever tube, and I'm going to modify and old garden tractor cultivator to fit as well. Mine is mounted on a standard drawbar to simplify what needed to be made vs. off the shelf.

Keith Outten
11-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks. Checking out other forums, eh? :D Did you see my second project--converting my back blade to work with my John Deere iMatch quick-hitch? Once that's done I'm going to make some brush guards for the front of the tractor. I bent up some of the grill last spring doing some clearing work and want to prevent that from happening again. I also want to do an iMatch conversion on my brush hog.

I visit Tractorbynet every now and then, there are some good ideas there. Although I haven't registered I probably will sometime in the future.

I didn't see your back blade project but I will look for it this evening. I am thinking of adding a brush guard to my project list. I haven't done any damage to my tractor yet but it is bound to happen since I am clearing about 1.5 acres of woods and brush. The trash forks I made are just the ticket for clearing briars and other thorny weeds and for moving the saplings and brush to my burn pile.

I started my cleanup project a couple of months ago and I expect it will take about 12 more months at my present rate to finish. I purchased a used Kubota BX1500 (50 hours on it) for this job and although it is small it is certainly capable of some serious work if you have the right implements. I bought a Lands Pride box blade then a friend of mine gave me a small disk harrow that needed repair. My tractor came with a back blade and FEL.

My old beat up Miller buzz box stick welder is getting a real workout these days :)

Jim Becker
11-15-2006, 4:45 PM
I'll have to check out TBN and see if I can find your project, Matt. I don't stop there often, but sometimes visit the K forums. Is it in the implement forum or somewhere in "Deere" country? :D

Matt Meiser
11-15-2006, 6:14 PM
I'll have to check out TBN and see if I can find your project, Matt. I don't stop there often, but sometimes visit the K forums. Is it in the implement forum or somewhere in "Deere" country? :D

The forks are in the build-it-yourself forum and the blade is in the customizations forum.

Jim Becker
11-15-2006, 9:21 PM
Kewel. I'll check them out in a copious free moment...

Keith Outten
11-18-2006, 3:50 AM
Matt,

I checked out your back blade project, very nice. I'll bet the new Mule is also a nice machine.

Here's a quick pic of my spike harrow that my Dad and I built.

Jim Becker
11-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes, Nice work, Matt. While I didn't need to cut apart things for my various implements to work with the Pat's system, I did need to "normalize" things to something close to standard Cat 1 width for the pins. (Many of the small implements out there are Cat 0/1 and have a narrower stance) On the back blade I reconditioned, that ammounted to putting on new, wider Cat 1 pins to get closer to the standard 26". Top link connection is less critical than with your quick hitch system as I still use a normal top link. That requires a few extra minutes to hook up than with yours, however, due to the need to adjust length, depending on the particular attachment. Regardless, it's wonderful to not have to deal with futzing around with getting the normal lift arms over the pins that is required without the quick attach system.