PDA

View Full Version : MAC vrs PC & explorer

larry merlau
11-15-2006, 7:24 AM
ok here is my deliema! i have a mac at work and a pc at home.. i can get on to a forum threw explorer at home but cant at work on the mac. yet i can get into similar forums at work threw explorer with no trouble.. what happens is when i type in the passwood for the forum it appears to connect then goes back to no connection.??? any gurus out there with some input on what to do? sufferin withdrawls from the other forum:) thansk for any help offered

Mark Rios
11-15-2006, 9:44 AM
Can you use Safari or Firefox instead of IE?

Curt Harms
11-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Something in the at-work network that precludes connecting? I think companies limit internet site access to make sure their people spend at least SOME time doing what they're paid to do:rolleyes:

Derek Rose
11-15-2006, 3:32 PM
Could be a few things, but more than likely it's either the site cookies or the proxy you might be on at work. Clearing your cookie cache might alleviate the problem.

larry merlau
11-16-2006, 7:18 AM
Something in the at-work network that precludes connecting? I think companies limit internet site access to make sure their people spend at least SOME time doing what they're paid to do:rolleyes:

that could be possible, but in my defense i am not one of those that surf and no work!!! but the thing that is curious is that i have tried to empty the cookie jar trashed the prefernce file. and still no luck but i got on using a differnt browser???? so aparently the forum needs newer software to run. explorer 5.2 wont do. and thanks for the advice mark and derek :)