PDA

View Full Version : seattle area sharpening service

Chris Johnson
11-14-2006, 9:07 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get a saw blade sharpened, north of seattle. Or, any creekers who do this by mail?

Chris

Jake Helmboldt
11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
WA and VA are on other sides of the country, but I'd like to hear about good sharpening in the Richmond, VA area if anyone has ideas. Specifically someone that can repair the carbide after hitting a nail

(DOH, Gilligan!)

Dan Clark
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get a saw blade sharpened, north of seattle. Or, any creekers who do this by mail?

Chris

Chris,

Try Eastside Saw in Bellevue: http://www.eastsidesaw.com/. They seem like a professional company.

Last week, I walked in and asked them to just "take a look" at my three Festool TS55 blades. Instead, they did a complete analysis (free) and said that two of them were in bad shape. They marked which parts of each blade were bent and which teeth had chips.

I was very impressed. They are sharpening the two worst blades now. When done, I'll have them sharpen the third even though they said it didn't need it.

If you're interested, I'll let you know how the blades turned out after I pick up the blades this Thursday.

Dan.

p.s., they also sell better quality hand tools including Festool, Fein, Bosch, Makita. They carry a range of larger woodworking tools like jointers, plainers, mortesers. The have a VERY large supply of consumables including grinding wheels, sandpaper, and nails for air nailers. Great toy, uhhh... tool store!

John Bush
11-15-2006, 2:53 PM
Hi Chris,
Try Emerald Tool, Inc.
6332 6th Av S.
Seattle,
206-767-5670

I visited their shop when looking for new planer blades and they appear to be do sharpening for smaller power tools as well as big time industrial stuff. Nice folks too. JCB.