PDA

View Full Version : My last 10 days of turning.......

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2006, 7:42 PM
A week ago last Friday I turned my first pen. I parlayed that into a new Jet 17" drill press and some other turning tools. So Sunday a week ago I started turing pens and some more bottle stoppers. I've had several requests from people who wanted to buy some bottle stoppers from me for Christmas presents. With Sharon's ever expanding Christmas list, I wasn't sure I'd have the time but....I did manage to start working most evenings on said bottle stoppers and pens.

Various woods.....orange osage, bubinga, pauduck, bocote, birdseye maple, palisander, olivewood, cocobolo

finish on both pens and bottlestoppers....blo, dewaxed shellac and Deft all frictioned on.....

So here's last weeks' additions. Included are the latest bottle stoppers. The last one is of bubinga with a snowflake obsedian insert/inlay. That was a first for me.

Criticisms welcomed!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2006, 7:43 PM
And the last one......a view of the insert.

Christopher K. Hartley
11-14-2006, 7:46 PM
Wow Ken great collection and I love that insert. Great workmanship!:)

Mike Vickery
11-14-2006, 7:51 PM
Very nice. I really like the shape of the stoppers.

Andy Hoyt
11-14-2006, 8:46 PM
Hey! You forgot the the New Camera Gloat!

Best pics out of Lewiston in a long time. :D

Mark Pruitt
11-14-2006, 8:52 PM
Excellent! The last bottle stopper is my favorite of the bunch. You've been "busier than a one armed paper hanger" as my LOML likes to say!:p Or, as someone said at work yesterday, busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.:eek:

Corey Hallagan
11-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Dang, what a show off!! :) Your doing awesome Ken. Those bottle stoppers look great! I love that first one which I think is cocobolo? and the bubinga one is pretty sweet too! Your knocking them out buddy!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2006, 9:25 AM
Wow you been a busy boy Ken. Nice looking collection.

Keith Burns
11-15-2006, 9:28 AM
Can't say anything that hasen't already been said except "WOW". Great stuff:) :)

Jim Becker
11-15-2006, 9:58 AM
Busy boy, Ken...but how are you going to get through your list if you're sharing the lathe?? :)

Mark Cothren
11-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Ken, that is some fine work!!!