PDA

View Full Version : The Toolbox Saga Continues

Bill Grumbine
11-14-2006, 7:20 PM
For anyone who might be interested...

Delta was good to their word, and accurate besides. Two weeks ago the nice lady on the phone told me it would be about two weeks before I would see the new box. Today I got a call from the freight company telling me they had a delivery for me and wanted to schedule it for tomorrow.

Since I did not want to sit around all day, and their terminal was only about five miles down the road, I went down to pick it up. It was crunched on one end! :mad: This is obviously a trained baboon on the fork truck problem, not something from the factory. We inspected it because the box was chewed up, and the one whole end is pushed in enough to make the paint chip, make some serious dents in the lid, and make it hard to operate the mechanism.

So, I refused shipment, and will be on the phone tomorrow. The new lock design looks a lot nicer than the old, and the box looks pretty much the same as is what is on the truck right now.

I got no grief from the people at the trucking company. I think they break stuff on a regular basis, but that the volume they do offsets the damages they have to pay. It was treated as a regular occurence, and the guy was very matter of fact about it. Too bad they don't have better ways of handling the stuff, but it is all about speed.

More to come when it finally gets here...

Bill

Brett Baldwin
11-15-2006, 1:12 AM
They must have taken the UPS course on package handling. Hope your next one makes it unscathed.

Jason Roehl
11-15-2006, 7:18 AM
UPS course? Sounds more like Ace Ventura as an undercover package deliveryman.

Gosh, Bill, you sure do have quite the customer service adventures. Just remember--it's all going to burn someday.

Robert Mickley
11-15-2006, 8:24 AM
You know Bill,,,I'm getting the impression your NOT supposed to have a toolbox for your truck :D

John Schreiber
11-15-2006, 8:43 AM
You must be due for a long spell of good luck.

Bill Grumbine
11-15-2006, 8:44 AM
They must have taken the UPS course on package handling. Hope your next one makes it unscathed.

Brett, I am beginning to think that almost nothing makes it through on a common carrier anymore, unless it is armor plated.

UPS course? Sounds more like Ace Ventura as an undercover package deliveryman.

Gosh, Bill, you sure do have quite the customer service adventures. Just remember--it's all going to burn someday.

I keep telling myself that Jason, and I am really hoping for sooner rather than later.

You know Bill,,,I'm getting the impression your NOT supposed to have a toolbox for your truck :D

I'm beginning to think so too Robert! The killer here is I am leaving for Pittsburgh in a few days to do a three day demo for Turner's Anonymous, and then pick up my daughter in Beaver Falls. She offered a ride home to another local girl, and I am wondering where we are going to stuff all the stuff to keep it out of the weather and the reach of bad guys. We are going to have to hope for sunny days and take turns at the rest stop! :eek:

Bill, waiting for the sun to come up in Arkansas