PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from a new member

Michael Robertson
11-14-2006, 4:16 PM
Hello all. I'm Mike and I just joined up here. David and Nancy turned me on to SMC and it is impressive to be amongst so many great turners (as well as woodworkers of other ilkes too). I have been turning pens for about a year and a half and am now getting into bowls, HF's, etc. This piece is from some Cocobolo that a friend gave me to get me started. He is a true artist and sort of a mentor to me. His website is at www.whiteram.com/wayne . I am going to introduce him to SMC the next time I talk to him. Anyway, here's my first HF.....

Mike

Sorry, just tried Wayne's URL and it is not good anymore. I'll call him and see what's up. His work is truly great.

>> 11/15/06 - Wayne's address is www.whiteram.net/wayne , my bad on the .com vs .net goof. Anyway, this one works.

Paul Engle
11-14-2006, 4:52 PM
Welcome aboard Mike !!! Lots of great people here and lots of advice and help. Nice HF by the way , just love the color of that stuff. Watch out for Travis tho,,, guy can turn anything into a super HF....really can't think of anywhere else to get so much support and friendship than here , from guys spread out all over the world !!! :D

Andy Hoyt
11-14-2006, 4:52 PM
A new Mike joins the crew!

And here's a big welcome to ya!

Nice box, too

Ken Fitzgerald
11-14-2006, 5:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike! Wade right in the water's fine!

Nancy Laird
11-14-2006, 7:12 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Creeker from Albuquerque. David and I met Mike and his wife Rita (? - sorry, Mike, I'm awful with names sometimes) on Saturday at a craft show and had some fun trading info about pens, etc. David and Mike work for rival woodworking suppliers here in town (think WWS v. WC), but I don't think they will come to blows. His pens are gorgeous--lots prettier than mine, I have to say. I even bought one of his lanyard pens on Saturday (and promptly lost it on Monday night--I'm not telling how, but it was not a pleasant task for my husband to try to find it).

I'll add in my .02 by saying

Welcome to the Creek,

Mike

Nancy

Corey Hallagan
11-14-2006, 7:17 PM
Welcome Mike to the creek. That is a nice piece and a cool piece of coco that is for sure. Looking forward to seeing more!

Corey

Christopher K. Hartley
11-14-2006, 7:52 PM
Hey Mike...WELCOME to the Creek!! Nice work, keep it coming.:)

Bernie Weishapl
11-15-2006, 9:31 AM
Welcome Mike. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge.

Keith Burns
11-15-2006, 9:38 AM
Welcome to the Creek Mike. Nice place to hang out.

Michael Robertson
11-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi all, thanks for all the kind words! Wayne gets some of the most incredible Cocobolo I have ever seen, and occasionally I end up with some of it.

I found out what was wrong in his address and it was my bad typing, his site is www.whiteram.net/wayne , sorry my bad.

Thanks again

Mike