PDA

View Full Version : Any Flight Attendants Out There...Or Do You Know One?

Phyllis Meyer
11-14-2006, 1:26 PM
Hi everyone! The reason I ask is...our Daughter is going to train with one of the Airlines and was wondering if anyone knew of someone in this industry? This is our baby and of course if we can get through the "our baby is leaving the nest syndrome", we know it's a wonderful opportunity for her! Thank you!

Ron & Phyllis

Jim Becker
11-14-2006, 9:07 PM
It's not an easy job in any way, shape or form, and not terribly well paying, but offers some wonderful opportunities for a gal or guy to travel to many places that they might otherwise not have the opportunity to do so. I have a lot of respect for the crew on the flights I take...huge responsiblity and it takes a lot of patience sometimes! Some travelers can be, well...not nice.

Phyllis Meyer
11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I do thank you for your input, our Daughter knows that the responsibility will be huge, and the work hard! Her goal is to see the world, and she is so excited to begin. We will pray that the passengers on her flight will always be as nice as the folks here at Sawmill Creek:) !

Have a great day everyone!

Phyllis

Jim Becker
11-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Phyllis, one thing I forgot to mention is that seniority rules in the flight attendant world, both for schedules as well as "job security". She should be prepared for that. Things have been looking better lately in the latter, but if there is any kind of fuel spike or "event" that affects the industry, new employees are at greater risk.

Jim Rabon
11-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I do thank you for your input, our Daughter knows that the responsibility will be huge, and the work hard! Her goal is to see the world, and she is so excited to begin. We will pray that the passengers on her flight will always be as nice as the folks here at Sawmill Creek:) !

Have a great day everyone!

Phyllis

My daughter is a new flight attendant (as of June) for Continental and, as has been said, the pay isn't the best and the hours can be wacky, but with her fluency in Italian she does almost exclusively international flights to Europe (mostly Milan and Rome). So, she is getting to see the world, which she really enjoys. But there are aspects which only she could enlighten your daughter on. Send me a PM and I'll ask my daughter if its ok to give you her email addy.

Phyllis Meyer
11-15-2006, 6:38 PM
I sent you an email about your Daughter! Thank You! We are just getting more and more nervous as it gets closer for her to leave! The empty nest...although we bought the laser this year to keep us busy :)

Sincerely,

Ron & Phyllis

Jim Rabon
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Phyllis, check your PM on this site.

Aaron Koehl
11-16-2006, 12:35 PM
See? Now that's what the SawmillCreek community is about!