PDA

View Full Version : vector images needed

mike klein
11-14-2006, 8:47 AM
Anyone know where a person can purchase a good collection of automobile images. Right now I am in desperate need of a 'PT Cruiser' image for some name tags. I did pull an image out of my layout images used for vinyl work
but it would need a LOT of work to get it ready for the laser.

Mike

Mike Null
11-14-2006, 9:58 AM
Mike
Have a look at X3009316 under vehicles in your corel X3 clipart cd.

Keith Outten
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Mike
Have a look at X3009316 under vehicles in your corel X3 clipart cd.

Mike,

How in the world did you find the PT Cruiser in the Corel Clipart Book?
Do you have a cross reference list of graphic numbers to make and model?

Mike Null
11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Keith:

Probably if it had been another kind of car I couldn't have found it but I used, of all things, a magnifying glass to enlarge them enough to recognize an outline.

I have to help Mike out--he's one of my customers.

Dave Jones
11-14-2006, 5:12 PM
But what about the X3009097?

;)

mike klein
11-14-2006, 6:26 PM
Mike,

I run Corel 12 here and looked thru the disks that came with it but that file you mentioned is not on any of them. Is this file only on the X3 disks?

Mike

Mark Plotkin
11-14-2006, 6:50 PM
Mike

I am having a PT cruiser wrapped. The sign company sent me a vector file(cdr)to work with. It is on another computer and I won't have access until late wed or thur am. Let me know if you still need it. The file has all views, sides, top and back. It can be ungrouped and is easy to work with.

Mark

mike klein
11-14-2006, 7:04 PM
Mark,

Thanks for the offer. That's what I have now is a vector file which came from my software used for vehicle vinyl work. It to has the vehicle in all views but the vector images contain thousands of un-needed nodes and trying to clean it up is a nightmare. Maybe yours is different though.

Right now I am downloading the trial version of X3 and possibly the vector image Mike was talking about earlier will be in that download, if not well atleast I get a chance to see how X3 works and maybe upgrade to it.

Mike

Mike Null
11-14-2006, 8:41 PM
Mike

See if this will work for you.

Dave--they're the same art.

mike klein
11-14-2006, 9:53 PM
Mike,

That was perfect! I really do appreciate it. Hopefully I can return the favor some day. I attached a link showing my PT on the left and yours
on the right (grill shot). As you can see, your image was much much
cleaner than mine. Both images were reduced down to a line size of .01
and was vectored.

Thanks..Mike

http://www.precngraving.com/ptcruisergrill.jpg

Dave Jones
11-15-2006, 9:42 AM
Dave--they're the same art.

I figured that. I was just surprised to see two of them.