PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service, what do you think?

Gary Sostrin
11-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi to all

I have read many posts throughout the year and have appreciated reading and really learning either new things or things that I thought I knew and now have a better understanding of. So thanks to all. Some of the posts that I have read dealt with customer service and I wanted to share an email with all of you and provide me with some opinions since I have not heard back from the 2 parties for at least a week. Has anyone had any dealings with either party.

Thanks

Gary

Sent to info@benchdog.com <info@benchdog.com> on 11/5/06 and CC to customerservice@allprotools.com <customerservice@allprotools.com>

Hi,

One comment and a couple of questions. I met Brian who was your rep at the Costa Mesa woodworking show on Saurday and he was very informitive. It was a pleasure talking with him. After comparing (long back and forth) your products the promax and protop vs jessem (at another table taken care of people who did not know there product) my choice will be the promax . Again Brian was excellent and he gave me a good working knowledge of the table.

On the other hand he was there with allprotools and on there website I found that they were discounting there table to $269, and they could not give me the same price at the show, but gave me the cost as $299 (his hands were tide). Also wanted end cap and I forgot how much he offered it for. Left me with an ugh on cost for spending more rather than less money, again not Brian's sphere of responsibility. I have yet to buy from allprotools and there prices are very competitive/attractive. This will not dissuade me in the future from ordering from them.

Also I have a technical question which either I forgot to ask him or he informed me and I forgot. The promax cast iron table had 2 pairs of slots for the fence. On your website its shows only 1 pair of slots. Is this a new revision of the table, is this a new dash no.? How long has it been out and when will you update your product info. This seems like a more preferable table, and when buying one I will have to check if the promax has these extra pair of slots to reverse the fence position.

I wish this top would directly fit my PM66 which is 28 inch depth and not 27", and you cannot have everything. For now I will wait and shop around and first use it as a stand alone router table.

Thank You

Gary Sostrin

Ted Miller
11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Gary, I live in So Cal and I was at the Costa Mesa show on Sunday, and I have to admit, all the shows I have been to in the past, not much cooperation with vendors at this show as I normally see, prices were not the best and some of the reps were a joke, I think I scared the General guy since he knew nothing about the internal working parts of the 12" jointer they had on hand, and were acting as though they had the best product on the face of the earth. I found the Freud people to be the best and I think I spent the most money with them as well as the Kreg guys.

My 40 hr job I deal with vendors and shipping companies every day, and customer service is key, I will even pay the higher price if I know the customer service is top notch. Hope you get a response soon and if not, be a nail in their side...

Bob Reda
11-14-2006, 6:55 AM
Gary,

If my memory serves me right I believe I had to email them once and it took awhile for them to get back to me. I believed I ended up calling.

Bob